Step into the darkness on DVD and Blu-Ray.
30 Days of Night has been slated for a February 19 release. The film will be released on both standard and Blu-Ray formats. The disc will be priced at $28.95 for standard and $38.96 for Blu-Ray. The film stars Josh Hartnett, Ben Foster, Danny Huston and Mellisa George.
In a sleepy, secluded Alaska town called Barrow, the sun sets and doesn't rise for over thirty consecutive days and nights. From the darkness, across the frozen wasteland, an evil will come that will bring the residents of Barrow to their knees. The only hope for the town is the Sheriff and Deputy, a husband and wife who are torn between their own survival and saving the town they love.
- Commentary with Josh Hartnett, Melissa George and Producer Rob Tapert
- 8 Behind-the-Scenes Featurettes
- "Pre-Production" - As the script powers its way through development, Director David Slade and Producer Rob Tapert begin to assemble a team. See everything from high-tension story meetings with Writer Brian Nelson, to Slade picking out his equipment and crew. Also Steve Niles discusses the beginnings of his idea for the graphic novel.
- "Building Barrow" - Production Designer Paul Austerberry takes the viewer through the steps in bringing Barrow to life on a sound stage in New Zealand. See side-by-side comparisons with Barrow as envisioned in the graphic novel, as well as meeting the construction crew and tracking their progress.
- "The Look" - Director David Slade and his Director of Photography Jo Willems tackle the challenge of bringing the graphic novel to life on the screen. Learn about the important camera decisions, lighting techniques, and post-production tricks involved in creating the look of "30 Days of Night."
- "Blood, Guts and the Nasty #@$&!" - From prosthetic moldings to selecting the right consistency of blood, WETA and David Slade walk us through the battlefield of carnage.
- "Stunts" - Stunt coordinator Allan Poppleton will guide us through the construction of four of the movie's big stunt sequences, from David Slade's conception of a scene to stunt rehearsals, safety precautions, and final execution on the shoot day. Vampires will fly off of moving cars, crash through windows and wrestle with a bulldozer.
- "The Vampire" - From graphic novel to screen, take a tour with WETA as they design and bring to life each of the vampires. Watch as Director David Slade meets with his team of vampire actors and instructs them on how to properly behave like blood-thirsty beasts.
- "Night Shoots" - As the production moves into five weeks of night shoots, the cast and crew slowly begin to resemble the blood-thirsty creatures from the film. As Director David Slade explains, "At this point, coffee is more important than film stock."
- "Casting" - Director David Slade and company discuss casting decisions. Josh Hartnett, Melissa George, and many more discuss what their characters mean to them, the influences they've pulled from the graphic novel, and the experience of shooting a high-tension action/horror film.
- "Blood +" Episode 1
- 30 IMAGES OF NIGHT - Graphic Novel to Film Comparison Gallery (Blu-Ray Exclusive feature)
Dont't forget to also check out: 30 Days of Night