30th Annual Razzie Award Winners!
With so many Berry Bad Movies to choose from, voting members of The Golden Raspberry Award Foundation decided to spread their dis-honors among multiple titles for their Gala 30th Annual RAZZIE® Awards. In ceremonies presented on Oscar Eve at Hollywood's Barnsdall Gallery Theatre, no less than six 2009 releases received at least one gold-spray-painted statuette designating them as being among last year's Worst Achievements in Film.
The big "winner" was also one of last year's biggest box office hits: The overlong, over-loud, under-whelming toy-based sequel Tranformers: Revenge of the Fallen. In addition to taking Worst Director for The Boy Blunder of Blow-'em-Ups Michael Bay, Tranformers: Revenge of the Fallen also fell victim as the year's Worst Screenplay and Worst Picture. Worst Actress was awarded to a star who could well follow up the berry next night with an Oscar® win: Sandra Bullock, RAZZed for her performance in All About Steve. The film also took the Worst Screen Couple dis-honor, for Bullock and co-star Bradley Cooper. Worst Actor went jointly to Disney Boy Band The Jonas Brothers, playing themselves in Jonas Brothers: The 3D Concert Experience. Supporting "winners" were Billy Ray Cyrus, riding his daughter's coat-tails and playing her dad in Hannah Montana: The Movie and Sienna Miller as the former girlfriend and current nemesis of the main character in G.I. Joe: Rise of the Cobra. One of last year's biggest box office bombs, Land of the Lost, started the evening with a pack-leading 7 nominations. But the $150 million production (which grossed a humiliating $49 million in the U.S.) wound up only "winning" as Worst Remake/Rip-Off or Sequel.
In celebration of three decades of Dissing Hollywood's Biggest Under-Achievers, special awards were also given for Worst Picture of the Decade (Battlefield Earth, which "won" by a landslide) Worst Actor of the Decade (Eddie Murphy for THe Adventures of Pluto Nash, I Spy, Imagine That, Meet Dave, Norbit and Showtime) and Actress of the Decade ("Celebutant" Paris Hilton for The Hottie and the Nottie, House of Wax and Repo! The Genetic Opera!).
In addition, Sandra Bullock, who recently claimed to Entertainment Weekly that if she won an actual Razzie Award she'd definitely be showing up to accept it, held true to her word. Check out her acceptance speech below:
30th Annual Razzie Award Winners!
WORST PICTURE OF 2009
WORST ACTOR OF 2009
WORST ACTRESS Of 2009
WORST SCREEN COUPLE OF 2009
- Sandra Bullock and Bradley Cooper, All About Steve
- Any Two (or More) Jonas Brothers, Jonas Brothers: The 3D Concert Experience
- Will Ferrell and any co-star, Creature or "Comic Riff," Land of the Lost
- Shia Lebouf & Either Megan Fox or Any Transformer, Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
- Kristin Stewart and either Robert Pattinson or Taylor Whatz-His-Fang, The Twilight Saga: New Moon
WORST SUPPORTING ACTRESS OF 2009
WORST SUPPORTING ACTOR OF 2009
WORST REMAKE, RIP-OFF OR SEQUEL (COMBINED CATEGORY FOR 2009)
WORST DIRECTOR OF 2009
WORST SCREENPLAY OF 2009
- Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, written By Ehren Kruger & Roberto Orci & Alex Kurtzman, based on Hasbro's Transformers Action Figures
- All About Steve, screenplay by Kim Barker
- G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra, screenplay by Stuart Beattie and David Elliot & Paul Lovett, based on Hasbro's G.I. Joe Characters.
- Land of the Lost, written by Chris Henchy & Dennis McNicholas, based on Sid & Marty Krofft's TV series
- The Twilight Saga: New Moon, screenplay by Melissa Rosenberg, based on the novel by Stephenie Meyer
WORST PICTURE OF THE DECADE (3 SPECIAL 30TH RAZZIE-VERSARY AWARDZ)
- Battlefield Earth (2000) Nominated for 10 Razzies, "winner" of 8 (including Worst Drama of Our First 25 Years)
- Freddy Got Fingered (2001) Nominated for nine Razzies, "winner" of five
- Gigli (2003) Nominated for 10 Razzies, winner of seven (including Worst Comedy of Our First 25 Years)
- I Know Who Killed Me (2007) Nominated for nine Razzies, "winner" of eight
- Swept Away (2002) Nominated for nine Razzies, "winner" of five
WORST ACTOR OF THE DECADE
- Eddie Murphy (Nominated for 12 "achievements," "winner" of three Razzies)
- Ben Affleck (Nominated for nine "achievements,"winner" of two Razzies)
- Mike Myers (Nominated for four "achievements," "winner" of two Razzies)
- Rob Schneider (Nominated for six "achievements," "winner" of one Razzie)
- John Travolta (Nominated for six "achievements," "winner" of the Razzies)
WORST ACTRESS OF THE DECADE
- Paris Hilton (Nominated for five "Achievements," "Winner" of four Razzies)
- Mariah Carey (The Single Biggest Individual Vote Getter of the Decade: 70+% Of ALL Votes For Worst Actress Of 2001), Glitter
- Lindsay Lohan (Nominated for five "achievements," "winner" of three Razzies)
- Jennifer Lopez (Nominated for nine "achievements," "winner" of two Razzies)
- Madonna (Nominated for six "achievements," "winner" of four Razzies)