The visual experience of the year happens on December 19 as A Scanner Darkly comes to DVD.
Set in a not-too-distant future where America has lost its "war" on drugs, Fred, an undercover cop, is one of many people hooked on the popular drug, Substance D, which causes its users to develop split personalities. Fred is obsessed with taking down Bob, a notorious drug dealer, but due to his Substance D addiction, he does not know that he is also Bob. Based on a classic novel by Philip K. Dick. Starring Keanu Reeves (Constantine, The Matrix trilogy), Academy Award-nominee and Golden Globe-winner Winona Ryder ("Girl, Interupted," "Mr. Deeds"), Academy Award and Emmy-nominee and Golden Globe-winner Robert Downey Jr. ("Good Night, And Good Luck" "Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang"), and Academy Award and Golden Globe-nominee and Emmy-winner Woody Harrelson (North Country, "The People vs. Larry Flynt"). Directed by Academy Award-nominee Richard Linklater (Before Sunset, "Dazed and Confused"). Filmed in live-action, and then animated using the same critically acclaimed process that Linklater used in his previous film, Waking Life.
Director: Richard Linklater
Actors: Keanu Reeves, Robert Downey, Jr., Rory Cochrane, Robert Downey Jr., Woody Harrelson, Winona Ryder
- Audio commentary by Richard Linklater, star Keanu Reeves, producer Tommy Pallotta, author Jonathan Lethem and Isa Hackett Dick (daughter of author Philip K. Dick, upon whose novel the film was based)
- 2 Behind-the-Scenes Documentaries (One Summer in Austin: The Story of Filming A Scanner Darkly and The Weight of the Line: Animation Tales
- Rating: R
- No. of Discs: 1
- Run Time: 100
- CC: Yes
- Soundtrack Language: English
- Subtitles: English, Francais, Espanol
- Aspect Ratio: Original Aspect Ratio - 1.85 Widescreen [16:9 Transfer]
- Audio: English - Dolby Surround 5.1