You can bring home director Tim Burton's modern interpretation of a classic tale on both DVD and Blu-ray this June. Alice in Wonderland will be released on DVD and Blu-ray on June 1. This standard DVD will be priced at $29.99 SRP while a single-disc Blu-ray will cost $39.99 SRP and a three-disc Blu-ray, which also includes a Digital Copy disc and a standard DVD disc, will be priced at $44.99 SRP. The film stars Mia Wasikowska, Johnny Depp, Helena Bonham Carter, Anne Hathaway, Crispin Glover, Matt Lucas, Stephen Fry, Michael Sheen and Alan Rickman.
Tumble down the rabbit hole with Alice for a fantastical new adventure from Walt Disney Pictures and Tim Burton. Inviting and magical, Alice in Wonderland is an imaginative new twist on some of the most beloved stories of all time. Alice (Mia Wasikowska), now 19 years old, returns to the whimsical world she first entered as a child and embarks on a journey to discover her true destiny. Wonderland is a world beyond your imagination and unlike anything you've seen before. The extraordinary characters you've loved come to life richer and more colorful than ever. There's the Mad Hatter (Johnny Depp), the White Queen (Anne Hathaway), the Red Queen (Helena Bonham Carter), the White Rabbit (Michael Sheen) and more. A triumphant cinematic experience - Alice in Wonderland is an incredible feast for your eyes, ears and heart that will captivate audiences of all sizes.
- Finding Alice - It's all things Alice. This featurette includes Tim Burton's vision for the characters, differences from the book and Disney's version of Alice and how she evolves as both a character and actor as she takes an adventure through Wonderland.
- The Mad Hatter - Audiences are provided with a deeper look into the world of the Mad Hatter. Check out Johnny Depp's early sketches, make-up, costumes and how they digitally enhanced his eyes.
- Effecting Wonderland - A behind-the-scenes piece on the different technologies used to create some of the most beloved characters in the film - Stayne, Tweedledee, Tweedledum, Bandersnatch and the Red Queen.
- The Futterwacken Dance - Futterwhat? Check out the making of the timeless dance called the Futterwacken. (Blu-ray only)
- The Red Queen - The creation of the Red Queen from start to finish, including early Tim Burton sketches showcasing costume designs, make-up and digital effects. (Blu-ray only)
- Time-Lapse: Sculpting the Red Queen - A short time-lapse piece showing Helena Bonham Carter as she gets her make-up done. A three-hour process can be watched in just a few short minutes. (Blu-ray only)
- The White Queen - An interview with Anne Hathaway, who plays Wonderland's good queen, about her character's journey throughout the process of the film.
- Scoring Wonderland - Composer Danny Elfman and Tim Burton discuss the music for the movie. (Blu-ray only)
- Stunts of Wonderland - A featurette highlighting some of the biggest stunts in the film. (Blu-ray only)
- Making the Proper Size - An inside look at the visual effects process of growing and shrinking Alice. See how filmmakers used different techniques to stay true to the storyline. (Blu-ray only)
- Cakes of Wonderland - Take a trip to "Cake Divas" where the creators of the EAT ME cakes provide viewers with details about how they made the smallest crumb to the largest cake in scale. (Blu-ray only)
- Tea Party Props - Tea cups, saucers, cakes and more. Prop master Doug Harlocker gives an overview of all the props used to bring the famous tea party scene together visually. (Blu-ray only)