" Walt Disney Pictures and Buena Vista Records join forces with Hot Topic, KIIS-FM, MySpace and musical artists from the upcoming album "Almost Alice" for a great big ultimate fan event celebrating this Spring's most anticipated 3D motion picture Alice in Wonderland. The star-studded concert event kicks off at 5 p.m. on Feb. 19, 2010, at the Hollywood & Highland Center's Central Courtyard. Featuring five musical acts, a visit from director Tim Burton to introduce select members of the Alice in Wonderland cast, plus opportunities to win prizes, including a sneak peek of actual film footage, the ultimate fan event will be streamed live on MySpace at MySpace.com/Wonderland.
An Entertainment Extravaganza
- The event's featured artists will do a short set, including their song from "Almost Alice." Artists/songs include 3OH!3 ("Follow Me Down"), Metro Station ("Where's My Angel"), Family Force 5 ("Topsy Turvy"), Kerli ("Tea Party"), and Never Shout Never ("Sea What We Seas").
- Available March 2, 2010, "Almost Alice" is a 16-song compilation featuring the film's end credit track "Alice," written and performed by Avril Lavigne, plus songs from artists including All American Rejects, The Cure's Robert Smith, Franz Ferdinand and Shinedown. Hot Topic's exclusive expanded version includes three bonus tracks. The album is a companion to the film's soundtrack, which features the score by composer Danny Elfman.
- Hot Topic's Hollywood locale (3rd level of Hollywood & Highland Center) has been transformed to a mad version of Wonderland even the Hatter would enjoy. Hot Topic hosts the event and features exclusive Alice in Wonderland-themed products now available at Hot Topic stores nationwide and online. Beginning Monday, February 8, the first 250 customers who purchase any 3OH!3 t-shirt and preorder the "Almost Alice" CD will receive a wristband that will grant access to a special meet-and-greet with the band 3OH!3, entry into the concert's preferred viewing pit and admission into the special 3D sneak peek of footage from the film at the El Capitan Theatre after the concert event.
- KIIS-FM, 104.3 MyFM and 98.7 FM will give away VIP preferred viewing pit wristbands to listeners between now and event day. Additional VIP tickets will be given away via MySpace, Facebook and Twitter. VIP attendees will be treated to a special 3D sneak peek of footage from the film at Hollywood's El Capitan Theatre immediately following the event.
- Fans are encouraged to dress up in costumes inspired by characters from Alice in Wonderland. Costumes will be judged on site by Academy Award-winner Colleen Atwood, costume designer for the film. Winners will be invited to attend the special sneak peek at the El Capitan.
- KIIS-FM's Manny on the Streets will be the on-stage host for the event. Quddus from MySpace and theQside.com, Roslynn Cobarrubias from MySpace Music and Philip DeFranco from YouTube will be on hand as backstage hosts, interviewing key players along the way.
- MySpace will host the exclusive live stream of the event at MySpace.com/Wonderland, powered by Ustream. Viewers around the world can experience the event first-hand, see exclusive backstage interviews with talent and interact by posting comments and questions to the page. Ustream's embeddable streaming player will extend the experience to additional sites, including Facebook, HotTopic.com and more.
ABOUT THE MOVIE
From Walt Disney Pictures and visionary director Tim Burton comes an epic 3D fantasy adventure Alice in Wonderland, a magical and imaginative twist on some of the most beloved stories of all time. Johnny Depp stars as the Mad Hatter and Mia Wasikowska as 19-year-old Alice, who returns to the whimsical world she first encountered as a young girl, reuniting with her childhood friends: the White Rabbit, Tweedledee and Tweedledum, the Dormouse, the Caterpillar, the Cheshire Cat, and of course, the Mad Hatter. Alice embarks on a fantastical journey to find her true destiny and end the Red Queen's reign of terror. The all-star cast also includes Anne Hathaway, Helena Bonham Carter and Crispin Glover. The screenplay is by Linda Woolverton.
Capturing the wonder of Lewis Carroll's beloved "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland" (1865) and "Through the Looking-Glass" (1871) with stunning, avant-garde visuals and the most charismatic characters in literary history, Alice in Wonderland comes to the big screen in Disney Digital 3D and IMAX 3D on March 5, 2010 (U.S. theaters).
Best of the Web
Alice Through the Looking Glass Trailer #2: It's a Mad Hatter's World
Alice escapes a mental institution to return to Underworld in the latest sneak peek at Alice Through the Looking Glass.
Alice Through the Looking Glass Valentine's Day Videos from the Queen of Hearts
Helena Bonham Carter's Red Queen has a special Valentine's Day message for her fans in new TV spots for Alice Through the Looking Glass.
Alan Rickman Narrates New Alice Through the Looking Glass TV Spot
The late Alan Rickman voices Absolem, the Blue Caterpillar in a new TV spot for his final movie, Alice Through the Looking Glass.
Alice 2 Character Posters with Mad Hatter, Red Queen & More
Johnny Depp, Mia Wasikowska, Helena Bonham Carter, Anne Hathaway and Sacha Baron Cohen are featured in new posters for Alice in Wonderland 2.
Alice Through The Looking Glass Trailer: The Mad Hatter Returns
Johnny Depp's Mad Hatter is in danger and only time can save him in the first trailer for Disney's Alice Through the Looking Glass.
Alice Through the Looking Glass Teaser #4; Trailer Coming Tomorrow
The latest Alice 2 teaser warns that time is up, while Disney announces a full-trailer will arrive Thursday, November 5th.