Psycho 50th Anniversary Edition Checks in on Blu-ray October 19th
By Brian Gallagher — May 11th, 2010
You can bring home one of Alfred Hitchcock's all-time greats home in high definition for the first time this October. Psycho 50th Anniversary Edition will be released on Blu-ray for the first time on October 19. We don't have any pricing details or cover art images as of yet, but we'll be sure to keep you updated on this new BD release as soon as we have more information. In the meantime, you can take a look at the special features below. The film stars Anthony Perkins, Vera Miles, John Gavin, Martin Balsam and Janet Leigh.
Join the Master of Suspense, Alfred Hitchcock, on a chilling journey as an unsuspecting victim visits the Bates Motel and falls prey to one of cinema's most notorious psychopaths - Norman Bates. Named number one on the AFI's 100 Years...100 Thrills list, this infamous film has become a cultural phenomenon. Featuring one of the most iconic scenes in film history - the famous "shower scene," Psycho is "still terrifying after all these years" (Leonard Maltin's Classic Movie Guide).
Psycho Sound: A never-before-seen piece that looks at the re-mastering process required to create a 5.1
mix from the original mono elements using Audionamix technology.
- The Making of Psycho: A feature-length documentary on Hitchcock's most shocking film.
- In the Master's Shadow - Hitchcock's Legacy: Some of Hollywood's top filmmakers discuss
Hitchcock's influence and why his movies continue to thrill audiences.
- Hitchcock/Truffaut Interviews: Excerpts from a 1962 audio interview with Alfred Hitchcock.
- Audio Commentary: Feature-length audio commentary with Stephen Rebello (Author of "Alfred Hitchcock and the making of Psycho")
- Newsreel Footage: The Release of Psycho: Vintage newsreel on the unique policy Alfred Hitchcock insisted upon for the release of the film.
- The Shower Scene: A look at the impact of music on the infamous "shower scene."
- The Shower Scene: Storyboards by Saul Bass: Original storyboard design.
- Production Notes: Read an essay on the making of the film.
- The Psycho Archives: See the gallery of on-set photo stills from the film's production.
- Posters And Psycho Ads: See a gallery of original posters and ads from the theatrical campaign.
- Lobby Cards: View a gallery of promotional lobby cards from the film's theatrical campaign.
- Behind-The-Scenes Photographs: View rare photos showing the cast and crew at work.
- Theatrical Trailer: Watch the original promotional trailer from the film's theatrical campaign.
- Re-Release Trailers: Watch the promotional trailer created for the re-release of the film.