Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, Part 1 'Alfred' Clip
Warner Home Video has released the fourth clip and five new photos from Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, Part 1, arriving on Blu-ray and DVD September 25. This scene shows the humorous side of the animated adventure, when Bruce Wayne's loyal butler Alfred breaks out a nostalgic t-shirt. Take a look at the clip, then check out the photos from this DC Universe Animated Original Movie.
In the bleak and ominous future of Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, Part 1, it's been a decade since Bruce Wayne hung up his cape, following most of the other superheroes who had been forced into retirement. Facing the downside of middle age, a restless Bruce Wayne pacifies his frustration with racecars and liquor - but the Bat still beckons as he watches his city fall prey to gangs of barbaric criminals known as The Mutants.
The return of Harvey Dent as Two-Face finally prompts Wayne to once again don the Dark Knight's cowl, and his dramatic capture of the villain returns him to crime-fighting - simultaneously making him the target of law enforcement and the new hope for a desolate Gotham City. Particularly inspired is a teenage girl named Carrie, who adopts the persona of Robin and ultimately saves Batman from a brutal attack by the Mutant leader. Armed with a new sidekick, and re-energized with a definitive purpose, the Dark Knight returns to protect Gotham from foes new ... and old.
- Standard and high definition versions of the feature film
- - UltraViolet*
- - Sneak Peak at Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, Part 2, the next DC Universe Animated Original Movie
- - Featurette - "Her Name is Carrie ... Her Role is Robin" - An all-new featurette. Experience the role of Robin, through the eyes of a female warrior.
- - Featurette - "Batman and Me: The Bob Kane Story" - A documentary comprehensively chronicling the remarkable life of the creator of Batman.
- - Two bonus episodes from Batman: The Animated Series handpicked by producer Alan Burnett: Two-Face, Parts 1 and 2
- - Digital Comic - "Batman: The Dark Knight Returns" (digital comic with cover art and three full comic pages)