Warner Home Video has released the fifth clip from Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, Part 1, arriving on Blu-ray and DVD September 25. Peter Weller stars as Batman, who returns to clean up the Gotham City streets 10 years after hanging up his cape and utility belt. A lot has changed since The Dark Knight slipped into obscurity, as we can see in this scene when a young cop threatens to shoot Batman, even though he just saved his life. These young kids just have no respect for their superhero elders.
In the bleak and ominous future of Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, Part 1, it's been a decade since Bruce Wayne hung up his cape, following most of the other superheroes who had been forced into retirement. Facing the downside of middle age, a restless Bruce Wayne pacifies his frustration with racecars and liquor - but the Bat still beckons as he watches his city fall prey to gangs of barbaric criminals known as The Mutants.
The return of Harvey Dent as Two-Face finally prompts Wayne to once again don the Dark Knight's cowl, and his dramatic capture of the villain returns him to crime-fighting - simultaneously making him the target of law enforcement and the new hope for a desolate Gotham City. Particularly inspired is a teenage girl named Carrie, who adopts the persona of Robin and ultimately saves Batman from a brutal attack by the Mutant leader. Armed with a new sidekick, and re-energized with a definitive purpose, the Dark Knight returns to protect Gotham from foes new ... and old.
- Standard and high definition versions of the feature film
- Sneak Peak at Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, Part 2, the next DC Universe Animated Original Movie
- Featurette - "Her Name is Carrie ... Her Role is Robin" - An all-new featurette. Experience the role of Robin, through the eyes of a female warrior.
- Featurette - "Batman and Me: The Bob Kane Story" - A documentary comprehensively chronicling the remarkable life of the creator of Batman.
- Two bonus episodes from Batman: The Animated Series handpicked by producer Alan Burnett: Two-Face, Parts 1 and 2
- Digital Comic - "Batman: The Dark Knight Returns" (digital comic with cover art and three full comic pages)