Though his fortunes have soared in the wake of Prohibition, Nucky Thompson is paying a steep price for wielding ultimate power in "the world's playground." Following the '20 election, Nucky finds himself the target of an investigation for voter fraud and faces not only jail, but insurrection by some of those he considered his closest allies. Boardwalk Empire: The Complete Second Season releases on Blu-ray with HBO Select ($79.98), DVD ($59.99) and Digital Download on August 28, 2012. Blu-ray with HBO Select offers buyers the choice of three ways to watch in one set - Blu-ray, DVD and Digital Copy. Season one will also be available in the new format day and date with season two. The digital copy is redeemable via a provider of your choice: iTunes, Vudu or Amazon, as well as an UltraViolet copy through supporting providers.
Boardwalk Empire was the winner of eight 2011 Emmy Awards, including Outstanding Directing for a Drama Series (Martin Scorsese), and the 2011 Golden Globe for Best Drama Series and Best Actor (Steve Buscemi). In season two, Nucky and his lieutenants appear to have solidified their hold on power by rigging an election and getting a crony elected mayor. However, after a bloody KKK attack at Chalky White's bootleg warehouse, Nucky finds his hold on Atlantic City weakened, first by state agents who arrest him for election fraud, then by members of his own inner circle and even his family, who align against him. Meanwhile, mobsters like Arnold Rothstein, Lucky Luciano, Meyer Lansky and Al Capone wait in the wings, looking for the chance to grab a bigger piece of Nucky's pie.
- Includes Blu-ray with HBO Select, DVD + Digital Copy
- "Living in 1921" - Look back in time and discover the styles, sounds and events that defined 1921 in this comprehensive, interactive guide.
- "Secrets of the Past: Storytelling in Episode 11" - Hear from the writers, cast members and crew of Boardwalk Empire in this enhanced, picture-in-picture feature as they reflect on season two and the pivotal episode "Under God's Power She Flourishes."
- Character Dossier - Track the major players of season two, from gangsters and rumrunners, to politicians and Prohees, with this interactive, in-feature character guide.
- "Back to Boardwalk" - Revisit season one of Boardwalk Empire with creator/executive producer Terence Winter in this 15-minute recap.
- "The Money Decade" - Explore the legacy of the 1920s and get an inside look at the styles and trends that made the decade "roar."
- "Updates to the Boardwalk" - Production designer Bill Groom and creator/executive producer Terence Winter discuss the new sets of season two.
- Character Dossier - Track the major players of season two, from gangsters and rumrunners, to politicians and Prohees, with this evolving, comprehensive character guide.
- New Characters - Get acquainted with the two new major characters in season two: Owen Sleater and Manny Horvitz.
- Season Two Promo Spot - Written by creator/executive producer Terence Winter
- Audio Commentaries - Six audio commentaries with cast and crew including Terence Winter, Timothy Van Patten, Howard Korder, Allen Coulter, Steve Buscemi, Jack Huston, Michael K. Williams and Gretchen Mol.
Along with Buscemi, the all-star cast of Boardwalk Empire includes Michael K. Williams, Michael Shannon, Michael Pitt, Kelly Macdonald, Dabney Coleman, Shea Whigham, Anthony Laciura, Stephen Graham, Aleksa Palladino, Michael Stuhlbarg, Vincent Piazza, Paz de la Huerta, Gretchen Mol, Charlie Cox, Paul Sparks and William Forsythe. Created by Terence Winter, the series is executive produced by Winter, Martin Scorsese, Timothy Van Patten, Stephen Levinson and Mark Wahlberg; co-executive produced by Gene Kelly and Howard Korder; produced by Joseph E. Iberti and Rick Yorn.
Best of the Web
Black Widow Tops Fan Poll for Next Avengers Standalone Movie
A whopping 48% of fans who responded to a new poll want to see a Black Widow movie announced as the next stand alone Avengers adventure
Play Mutant Video Games in the X-Men: Apocalypse Retro Arcade
Fans can play three 'mutant' arcade classics to get ready for the highly-anticipated X-Men: Apocalypse, which is set in the year 1983.
This Game of Thrones Star Really Thought Jon Snow Was Dead
Kit Harington reveals that one of his Game of Thrones co-stars didn't know the whole story about Jon Snow in Season 6.
Disney Fans Want Frozen 2 to Give Elsa a Girlfriend
As Glaad calls Disney out for not including LGBT characters in their recent movies, fans petition Disney to give Elsa a gay romance in Frozen 2.
Slave Leia Returns as the Huttslayer in Star Wars: Bloodlines
The new Star Wars graphic novel Bloodlines debuts today, exposing new secrets about General Leia, and it even brings back the gold bikini.
Independence Day 2 Viral Video Remembers the War of 1996
David Levinson sheds light on the Earth Space Defense (ESD) in a new viral video for Independence Day: Resurgence.