Movie PictureOn June 26 you will be chilled to the bone as Dead Silence makes its way to DVD! To celebrate this gruesome offering from the team who brought you Saw, we are giving away copies to our users!
- Dead Silence DVD
CLICK HERE to enter our contest!
A small town steeped in unthinkable evil is the setting for the latest scream fest from the duo behind the hugely popular horror film Saw, when Dead Silence comes to DVD and HD DVD on June 26, 2007 from Universal Studios Home Entertainment. Director James Wan and writer Leigh Whannell have created a shockingly frightening story with a contemporary edge that keeps viewers glued to the screen until the last horrifying moment. Starring Ryan Kwanten (Summerland) as a young man caught up in a terrifying supernatural nightmare, the film features a talented supporting cast including Donnie Wahlberg (Saw II), Amber Valletta (Premonition) and Bob Gunton (Fracture).
Available in Unrated versions on both DVD and HD DVD Combo Disc, Dead Silence comes with killer bonus features, spotlighting some of the most bloodcurdlingly gruesome footage ever filmed, deleted scenes too terrifying to be shown in theaters and a shocking alternate ending. Dead Silence builds relentlessly to what John Monaghan of the Detroit Free Press called "A Saw-like twist at the end." The DVD is priced at $29.98 SRP, and the HD DVD Combo Disc is $ 39.98 SRP.
You Scream. You Die.
Dare to unlock the deadly curse of Mary Shaw ...
From the writer and director of Saw comes a new thriller of relentless terror! Ever since Mary Shaw was hunted down and killed, the small town of Ravens Fair has been haunted by horrific deaths. When a local's wife is brutally murdered, he returns home to unravel the terrifying legend of Mary Shaw and the reason why when you see her, you should never, ever scream.
Cast And Filmmakers:
Directed By: James Wan
Written By: Leigh Whannell
Cast: Ryan Kwanten, Amber Valletta, Donnie Wahlberg, Bob Gunton, Michael Fairman
The Dead Silence DVD and HD-DVD Unrated editions are loaded with spine-tingling extras that bring this classic ghost story to life including:
- Shocking Alternate Opening and Ending!
- Deleted Scenes
- The Making of Dead Silence - Go behind the scenes with masters of horror James Wan and Leigh Whannell for an inside look at the making of this terrifying film.
- Mary Shaw's Secrets - This mini-feature documents the artistry and craft behind the creation of the ghoulish visage of the ghostly Mary Shaw.
- Evolution of Visual FX - Follow the progress of the movie's remarkable special effects sequences from previews to dailies to their finished appearance in the film.
- "We Sleep Forever" a new music video featuring shock rocker Aiden.
- Run Time: 1 Hour 30 Minutes
- Layers: Dual Layer DVD/HD-30
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen 2.35:1
- Rating: R
- Rating Reason: horror violence and images
- Audio: Dolby Digital 5.1 / English
- Subtitles: English SDH, Spanish, French
Dont't forget to also check out: Dead Silence