Following a highly-successful theatrical run, Universal Studios Home Entertainment is releasing Les Miserables on Blu-ray and DVD March 22. Hugh Jackman, Russell Crowe, and Oscar winner Anne Hathaway star in director Tom Hooper musical, based on the beloved novel by Victor Hugo that follows the journey of ex-convict Jean Valjean. We have a contest lined up where our readers can win a copy of the Blu-ray, so they can enjoy this critically-acclaimed film with the utmost best picture and sound quality available. Take a look at how you can win below.
- Les Miserables Blu-ray
HERE'S HOW TO WIN!
Just "Like" (fan) the Facebook page (below) and then leave a comment below telling us why these prizes must be yours!
If you already "Like" , just leave a comment below telling us why these prizes must be yours!
Hugh Jackman, Academy Award winner Russell Crowe and Anne Hathaway star in this critically acclaimed adaptation of the epic musical phenomenon. Set against the backdrop of 19th-century France, Les Miserables tells the story of ex-prisoner Jean Valjean (Jackman), hunted for decades by the ruthless policeman Javert (Crowe), after he breaks parole. When Valjean agrees to care for factory worker Fantine's (Hathaway) young daughter, Cosette, their lives change forever. This enthralling story is a timeless testament to the survival of the human spirit and "an unforgettable experience" (Richard Roeper, RichardRoeper.com).
Bonus Features Exclusive to the Blu-ray
- Les Miserables Singing Live: The star-studded cast and production team discuss how the daunting challenge of singing live rather than lip-syncing to pre-recorded tracks ultimately gave them the creative freedom to deliver nuanced, emotionally powerful performances.
- - Battle at the Barricade: Director Tom Hooper wanted the dramatic building of the barricade to be as visceral and intense as possible, so he had his actors build it in real time, literally hurling furniture out of windows to construct an actual barricade. This featurette takes an in-depth look at the creation and filming of all the action on this remarkable set.
- - The West End Connection: Meet the "godfather" of the original stage production of Les Miserables, renowned West End producer Cameron Mackintosh, who was deeply involved in the filming, as well as former Les Miserables, theatrical stars who were thrilled to appear in supporting roles in the current film.
- - Les Miserables on Location: Filming rather than staging Les Miserables presents the opportunity to shoot in real world locations: a massive dry dock on the coast of England, a beautiful underground chapel in the heart of London and the ancient city of Winchester. Members of the cast and crew talk about what it was like to find and work in these incredible locations.
Bonus Features on Both the Blu-ray and DVD
- The Stars of Les Miserables: Director Tom Hooper talks about casting the iconic characters, and the actors discuss why it was important to them to be a part of this groundbreaking version of
- Les Misérables.
- - Creating the Perfect Paris: Production designer Eve Stewart created a massive Paris set featuring real cobblestones and running water. Take an intricate look into the detailed recreation of these Paris streets that no longer exist in today's world.
- - The Original Masterwork: Victor Hugo's Les Miserables: This mini-documentary takes a look at the historical backdrop and universal themes of Hugo's classic, and how the filmmakers mined the novel to enrich the look and feel of the film.
- - Feature Commentary with Director Tom Hooper