The Weinstein Company, Quentin Tarantino and Loma Vista Recordings today announced the release of Quentin Tarantino'S Django Unchained Original Motion Picture Soundtrack. Django Unchained marks the first time that Academy Award-winning and Grammy Award nominated director Quentin Tarantino has collaborated with artists to create original music for use in the film and original motion picture soundtrack. The soundtrack will be in stores and at all digital retailers on Tuesday, December 18th. The film release of Django Unchained will be on December 25, 2012 by The Weinstein Company in the U.S. and by Sony Pictures internationally.
Quentin Tarantino's Django Unchained Original Motion Picture Soundtrack features new and exclusive original music and compositions from of the most prominent figures in film and music today including, Rick Ross' "100 Black Coffins" produced by and featuring Jamie Foxx, John Legend's soulful offering "Who Did That To You?," "Ancora Qui" by Honorary Academy Award Winner Ennio Morricone and Elisa, and Anthony Hamilton and Elayna Boynton's poignant duet "Freedom." The complete tracklisting for Quentin Tarantino's Django Unchained Original Motion Picture Soundtrack can be found below.
About the soundtrack, Quentin Tarantino made the following statement.
"I want to thank all the artists who contributed original songs (a first for me) to the picture. Most of these contributions came out of the artists' own inspiration and their illustration of the film's soul is invaluable. In addition to the new original songs I am also using a lot of older recordings on the soundtrack - many of which came from my personal vinyl collection. Instead of having the record companies give me new digitally cleaned up versions of these recordings from the 60's and 70's, I wanted to use the vinyl I've been listening to for years - complete with all the pops and cracks. I even kept the sound of the needle being put down on the record. Basically because I wanted people's experience to be the same as mine when they hear this soundtrack for the first time."
Loma Vista Recording Company's founder Tom Whalley offered his thoughts.
"We're thrilled to be working with Quentin on this release. His films have always reaffirmed the important relationship between cinema and music and it's exciting to work together on a soundtrack featuring completely original material written specifically for the film."
Written and directed by Academy Award®-winner Quentin Tarantino, Django Unchained is produced by Stacey Sher, Reginald Hudlin and Pilar Savone. The executive producers are Harvey Weinstein and Bob Weinstein, Michael Shamberg, Shannon McIntosh, and James W. Skotchdopole.
Quentin Tarantino's Django Unchained Original Motion Picture Soundtrack - Complete Track List
- 1. Winged
2. Django (Main Theme) - Luis Bacalov, Rocky Roberts
3. The Braying Mule - Ennio Morricone
4. In that case, Django, After You...
5. Lo Chiamavano King (His Name is King) - Luis Bacalov,
6. Freedom - Anthony Hamilton &
7. Five-Thousand Dollar Nigga's and Gummy Mouth Bitches
8. La Corsa (2nd version) - Luis Bacalov
9. Sneaky Schultz and the Demise of Sharp
10. I Got a Name - Jim Croce
11. I Giorni Dell'Ira - Rizia Ortolani
12. 100 Black Coffins - Rick Ross
13. Nicaragua - Jerry Goldsmith Featuring Pat Metheny
14. Hildi'a Hot Box
15. Sister Sara's Theme - Ennio Morricone
16. Ancora Qui - Ennio Morricone & Elisa
17. Unchained (The Payback/Untouchable) - James Brown & Tupac Shakur
18. Who Did That To You? - John Legend
19. To Old to Die Young - Brother Dege
20. Stephen the Poker Player
21. Un Monumento - Ennio Morricone
22. Six Shots Two Guns
23. Trinity (Titoli) - Annibale E I Cantori Moderni
For more information please visit: CLICK HERE