Evan Almighty comes to DVD October 9 from Universal Home Video.
Funnyman Steve Carell (The Office) is at his hilarious best as Evan Baxter. When his simple wish to change the world turns into a baffling request from God (Academy Award winner Morgan Freeman) to build an ark, Evan's seemingly perfect life is turned upside down. With the help of his family and a comical cast of animals, Evan's unbelievable adventure becomes a life-changing experience filled with laugh-out-loud moments. Co- starring Lauren Graham (Gilmore Girls), John Goodman (Cars), Wanda Sykes (Monster-In-Law), Jonah Hill (Knocked Up) and Molly Shannon (Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby).
Junior congressman Evan Baxter, whose wish is to "change the world," is heard by none other than God (Morgan Freeman). When God appears with the perplexing request to build an ark, Evan is sure he is losing it, along with his family, friends, neighbors, colleagues and the news media. But soon mysterious deliveries of wood and tools are being dropped on his doorstep, animals of every shape and size are flocking to him two by two, and Evan's predicament starts to mount, as well as the laughs.
- Over 12 Minutes of Hilarious Deleted Scenes and Outtakes.
- The Building of Noah's Ark: Go behind the scenes and follow the building of the ark from its beginning as an artist's rendering to its final construction. Steve Carell provides comedic insight on the process.
- Steve Carell Unscripted: In this hilarious improvised stand-up routine on Capitol Hill, Steve Carell shows us what the ancient tools were "really" used for and how he made friends with all the animals.
- Becoming Noah: Spend some time in hair, wardrobe and makeup with Steve Carell and see what it takes to transform from Evan to Noah.
- Training the Animals: Head animal trainer Mark Forbes and his team of animal experts teach us what it takes to get a "perfect take" from animals on set.
- Interactive Ark Animals Game: Fun for the whole family, this interactive game has the player collecting the animals two by two, answering trivia questions before the floodwaters rise.
- Environment-Friendly Set: Director Tom Shadyac, Morgan Freeman and Habitat for Humanity's Ryan Jacobi talk about the efforts taken on set to make this an environmentally efficient production.
- Designing the Visual Effects: The designers at ILM and Rhythm & Hues demonstrate how they created the computer-generated sequences.
- Running Time: 1 hour 36 Minutes
- Layers: Dual Layers
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen 2.35:1; Full Frame 1.33:1
- Rating: PG
- Rating Reason: Mild Rude Humor and Some Peril
- Languages/Subtitles: English, Spanish, French
- Sound: Dolby Digital 5.1
Best of the Web
Disney Dominates Weekend Box Office with Jungle Book & Captain America: Civil War
Disney's The Jungle Book held off three underperforming newcomers to win at the box office for a 3rd week in a row, with $42.4 million.
Batman Movie Won't Have Red Hood, Will Have Iconic Villains
A new report claims that Ben Affleck's solo Batman movie won't feature the Red Hood, but there will be numerous iconic villains.
Justice League Brings Back Jeremy Irons as Alfred
Jeremy Irons confirmed he is reprising his role as Bruce Wayne's butler Alfred Pennyworth in the two-part Justice League movie.
Captain America: Civil War Grabs $200M in Overseas Box Office Debut
Marvel's Captain America: Civil War gets off to a huge start at the international box office, taking in $200.2 million.
The Interview Was a Horrible Experience Says Seth Rogen
Seth Rogen does not fondly remember the time he almost started a War with The Interview.
Captain America Is Bucky's Only Hope in Latest Civil War Preview
Captain America is The Winter Solider's only hope in a new Civil War sneak peek from Marvel.