We have a brand new exclusive clip from the upcoming highly anticipated release The African Queen, which makes its long-awaited debut on DVD and Blu-ray on March 23. Click below for our exclusive special feature clip, an eight-minute video featuring filmmaker Martin Scorsese and others talking about the restoration of this 1951 classic film, which stars Humphrey Bogart and Katharine Hepburn.
Legendary director John Huston's treasured romantic adventure stars the incomparable Humphrey Bogart as hard-drinking boat captain Charlie Allnut--a role that won him his only Academy Award (Best Actor, 1951)--and renowned actress Katharine Hepburn as missionary Rose Sayer in a tale of two disparate people thrown together by fate and drawn together by love.
- Embracing Chaos: Making The African Queen--This comprehensive documentary takes a look back at the production with commentary about the cast, the challenges of the filming locations and how the spectacular cinematography impacted the industry overall. Includes on-camera interviews with notable Hollywood icons, critics and crew members from the film including Martin Scorsese, Tony Huston, Richard Schickel and more, plus never-before-seen archival images and home movie footage provided by the estate of cinematographer Jack Cardiff.
- An audio disc with a recording of the Lux Radio Theater presents The African Queen radio broadcast (Collector's Edition DVD and Blu-ray only)
- A Senitype film frame collectible reproduction (Collector's Edition DVD and Blu-ray only)
- Collectible postcards featuring reproductions of images related to the film (Collector's Edition DVD and Blu-ray only)
- A reproduction of Katharine Hepburn's out-of-print memoir The Making of The African Queen or How I Went to Africa with Bogart, Bacall and Huston and Almost Lost My Mind (Collector's Edition DVD and Blu-ray only)