It's Brad Pitt against a world full of zombies in director Marc Forster's thriller World War Z, which will be available for purchase on Digital Download September 10 before debuting on Blu-ray, Blu-ray 3D and DVD September 17. We have an exclusive featurette that explores the hive mentality of these zombies. Visual effects supervisor Scott Farrar and science writer Carl Zimmer explain how this aspect is taken from certain animals in nature, such as ants or termites, who work together to scale walls in a similar way that the undead manage to breach a wall in this action-thriller. Go behind-the-scenes to see early renderings of these pivotal sequences, and check out the special features details below.
Starring international superstar Brad Pitt and based on the best-selling and wildly popular novel, World War Z took audiences by storm and was hailed by critics as "thrilling, epic and spectacular" (Owen Gleiberman, Entertainment Weekly) and the "most gratifying action spectacle in years!" (David Denby, The New Yorker). The tense and thrilling film follows a former United Nations investigator (Pitt) as he helps stop the chaotic pandemic that has gripped populations around the world. World War Z features stunning visual effects and edge-of-your-seat action and suspense that take the Zombie apocalypse phenomenon to a more extreme and electrifying level.
- Feature film in high definition (Unrated version)
- Origins-The filmmakers discuss collaborating with renowned actor/producer Brad Pitt to create a Zombie film the likes of which have never been seen.
- Looking to Science-Explore the scientific realities of Zombie behavior in nature and learn more about Zombies in literature and film.
- WWZ: Production
- The Journey Begins - Delve deeper into Gerry's fight for survival during the dramatic escape in South Korea.
- Behind The Wall - Explore the epic scene in Jerusalem and discover the incredible logistics of creating the elaborate stunts and crowd sequences.
- Camouflage - Experience the final confrontation between Gerry and the Zombies and discover the phenomenal scope of the film's production.
Best of the Web
World War Z 2 Gets Summer 2017 Release Date
Antonio Bayona will director Brad Pitt in a sequel to World War Z that continues the adventures of Gerry Lane.
World War Z 2 Will Start with a Clean Slate
Steve Knight is in the middle of writing a World War Z sequel, and claims that it's not quite like the other.
World War Z Sequel Gets Eastern Promises Writer Steven Knight
Brad Pitt will return in a sequel to his 2013 hit World War Z, which is being directed by J.A. Bayona.
J.A. Bayona to Direct A Monster Calls Before World War Z Sequel
This fantasy adaptation is based on Patrick Ness' novel about a young boy who escapes into a fantasy world filled with monsters.
World War Z Sequel Gets The Orphanage Director Juan Antonio Bayona
He replaces original director Marc Forster. Brad Pitt is still attached to star in and produce this follow-up.
World War Z Sequel Moves Forward Without Director Marc Forster
Producer-star Brad Pitt is still going through ideas for the sequel. The original zombie thriller took in over $530 million worldwide this summer.