Henry Cavill and Ryan Reynolds to Return as Superman and Green Lantern in Justice League?
2015 is already shaping up to be an epic year at the box office, with Marvel's The Avengers 2 and DC's Justice League tentatively set to arrive that summer. Little has been confirmed for Justice League, which is being written by Will Beall (Gangster Squad). A new report has surfaced today that reveals which superheroes will be present in this massive ensemble, including Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, and Green Lantern. Take a look at these new details, which indicate that Henry Cavill and Ryan Reynolds may reprise their roles as the Man of Steel and Green Lantern.
- "Superman is essentially the same character from Man of Steel, and Zack Snyder is consulting regarding the writing of the character.
- - Batman: The strategist of the group. Batman doesn't really want to be involved with these super powered beings he considers too powerful. Easily the most complex written.
- - Wonder Woman: She has only been in man's world a few short months. The Wonder Woman script Michael Goldenberg is developing will be set before the Justice League movie.
- - Green Lantern: Will be Ryan Reynolds' character from the Green Lantern: movie, but will be freshly written with a more serious tone.
- - Flash: The most popular hero in civilian eyes who loves media attention, but when called upon is very serious.
- - Martian Manhunter: Alien who has lived on Earth in secret for over a hundred years who has knowledge of Darkseid and his reign.
- - Aquaman: Will be the King of Atlantis who has a key role in the film.
- - There will also be a heavy military presence in the film which in future rewrites could include characters featured in Man of Steel, or even Amanda Waller (Angela Bassett) of which neither are included in the first draft.
- - Alfred Pennyworth is in the film in a minor appearance.
- - Lois Lane is also in the film in a cameo.
- - Darkseid's Elite will be featured who go up against the Justice League early on in the film."
None of this has been confirmed by Warner Bros. at this time. The studio has not found a director yet.