You can hear all the Who's of Whoville on DVD and Blu-Ray this holiday season. Dr. Seuss' Horton Hears a Who will be released on DVD and Blu-Ray on December 9. The film will be released in a single-disc edition ($29.98 SRP), a two-disc special edition with Digital Copy ($34.98 SRP), a Blu-Ray edition ($39.98 SRP) and a Gift Set that includes the two-disc special edition and also comes with a Horton plush ($39.98 SRP). The film stars the voices of Jim Carrey, Steve Carell, Will Arnett and Seth Rogen.
The makers of Ice Age, and comedy giants Jim Carrey and Steve Carell, bring to life Dr. Seuss' Horton Hears a Who. An imaginative elephant named Horton (Carrey) hears a faint cry for help coming from a tiny speck of dust floating through the air. Although Horton doesn't know it yet, that speck houses an entire city named Who-ville, inhabited by the microscopic Whos, led by the Mayor (Carell). Despite being ridiculed and threatened by his neighbors who think he has lost his mind, Horton is determined to save the particle...because "a person's a person no matter how small."
- Directors' Audio Commentary w/ Jimmy Hayward and Steve Martino
- Ice Age short "Surviving Sid" - All-new animated short focusing on the Ice Age characters Sid and Scrat.
The following features are only available on the two-disc edition and Blu-Ray editions:
- Deleted Footage and Animation Screen Tests (w/ Introductions and optional audio commentaries by the directors)
- That's One Big Elephant: Animating Horton - In an animation-focused featurette, learn how Blue Sky brought Horton to life.
- Bringing the Characters to Life - Watch the animators' hilarious initial performances recorded as a reference to assist in animating the film.
- Meet Katie - Discover how the character "Katie" was developed by Blue Sky
- Elephant Fun: The Facts - Fun and informative featurette about elephants.
- Our Speck: Where Do We Fit In? - Using interviews with everyday kids, we'll learn how even small actions can help make the world a better place.
- A Person Is a Person: A Universal Message - Featuring interviews w/ cast and crew, we will take a closer look at the characters, the story and interpret the meanings of Horton Hears a Who!
Page 4 of 5
- Bringing Seuss to Screen - Learn how Hayward and Martino maintained the authentic look and feel of Dr. Seuss' world.
- The Elephant in the Room: Jim Carrey - Profile on Jim Carrey voicing Horton
- We Are Here! Game - Memory game in which you have to repeat the correct pattern of Who-noises.
- Bonus View technology "Watch Horton Hears a Who! with a Who!" - Watch the movie with the smallest 'Who' of all - Jo Jo! (Blu-Ray only)
Best of the Web
Dwayne Johnson Announces the Rock Clock Alarm App
Dwayne Johnson launched a new alarm clock app today that gives you motivational messages from The Rock himself.
Is a Spider-Man & Guardians of the Galaxy Crossover Planned?
Director James Gunn welcomed Spider-Man: Homecoming director Jon Watts, along with his parents, to the Guardians of the Galaxy 2 set this weekend.
Aquaman to Be Darker Than Batman v Superman?
Director James Wan hints that Aquaman will fit right in with his horror movies and Furious 7 when talking about the movie's tone.
Avengers: Infinity War Won't Include Any Marvel TV Characters?
Directors Joe and Anthony Russo tease that there likely won't be any room for Marvel TV characters in Avengers: Infinity War.
Kit Harington Says This Is Jon Snow's Biggest Season of Game of Thrones
Kit Harington opens up about Jon Snow's future in Game of Thrones as Season 6 continues.
Captain America: Civil War Viral Campaign Asks 'Where's Hulk?'
New posts from the WHIH World News Twitter feed reveal that governments around the world are searching for Hulk in Captain America: Civil War.