Four Navy SEALs on a covert mission to neutralize a high-level al-Qaeda operative face an impossible, moral decision in Lone Survivor, the intense, action-packed story of heroism, courage and survival, coming to Blu-ray Combo Pack, including Blu-ray, DVD and Digital HD with UltraViolet™ and On Demand on June 3, 2014, from Universal Studios Home Entertainment. Lone Survivor will also be available on Digital HD two weeks earlier on May 20, 2014. Take a look at the Blu-ray trailer and artwork, then read on for more details about this upcoming release.
Based on Marcus Luttrell's The New York Times bestselling memoir, Director Peter Berg (Friday Night Lights) explores the unbreakable bond of brotherhood in a film that Rolling Stone's Peter Travers praised as "a powerhouse film." Lone Survivor tells the incredible tale of Operation Red Wings, a mission about four Navy SEALs ambushed by the enemy deep in the mountains of Afghanistan. As the soldiers are confronted by unthinkable odds they must find reserves of strength and resilience in order to fight to the finish.
Starring Mark Wahlberg (The Fighter, Contraband), Taylor Kitsch (Savages, Friday Night Lights), Emile Hirsch (Into the Wild, Bonnie and Clyde), Ben Foster (3:10 to Yuma, Kill Your Darlings), Eric Bana (Star Trek, Hanna), Ali Suliman (The Kingdom), Alexander Ludwig (The Hunger Games), Yousuf Azami (Brothers) and Sammy Sheik (Transformers: Dark of the Moon), Lone Survivor has been hailed by critics as "unforgettable, tense and inspiring" (Movieline).
Both the Blu-ray Combo Pack and DVD include bonus features that shed new light on the valiant real-life soldiers of Operation Red Wings. Exclusive to the Blu-ray Combo Pack are interviews with the film's cast and creators, as well as action-packed behind-the-scenes featurettes.
- Blu-ray unleashes the power of your HDTV and is the best way to watch movies at home, featuring 6X the picture resolution of DVD, exclusive extras and theater-quality surround sound.
- DVD offers the flexibility and convenience of playing movies in more places, both at home and away.
- Digital HD with Ultraviolet™ lets fans watch movies anywhere on their favorite devices. Users can instantly stream or download movies to watch on iPad, iPhone, Android, smart TVs, connected Blu-ray™ players, game consoles, and more.
Bonus Features Exclusive to the Blu-ray:
- Will of the Warrior: An in-depth look at Marcus Luttrell, the real-life Navy SEAL who received the Navy Cross and Purple Heart for his actions in Operation Red Wings.
- Recreating the Firefight: Reveals how Lone Survivor's action-packed stunts were choreographed and shot. This featurette includes interviews with Director Peter Berg, Actors Mark Wahlberg, Taylor Kitsch, Ben Foster and Emile Hirsch and stunt coordinator and 2nd unit director Kevin Scott.
- Learning the Basics: Watch as Mark Wahlberg, Taylor Kitsch, Ben Foster and Emile Hirsch go through rigorous SEAL training in weapons handling, communication/patrolling and simulated attack drills. Along with Marcus Luttrell, Peter Berg enlisted the help of active Navy SEALS to help the actors accurately portray the fallen soldiers of Operation Red Wings.
- The Pashtun Code of Life: Learn why Marcus Luttrell's rescuer, Mohammad Gulab, risked his life and the lives of everyone in his village in order to save Marcus.
Blu-ray and DVD Bonus Features:
- Bringing the Story to Light: Marcus Luttrell's story of survival under extremely dire circumstances is an inspiration to anyone who hears it. Director, producer and writer Peter Berg, Producer Sarah Aubrey, and the four lead actors (Mark Wahlberg, Taylor Kitsch, Ben Foster and Emile Hirsch) reveal their passion for the project and why it was so important to them to tell this story.
- The Fallen Heroes of Operation Red Wings: Mark Wahlberg, Taylor Kitsch, Ben Foster and Emile Hirsch profile the real-life heroes who inspired their characters: Marcus Luttrell, Michael Murphy, Daniel Dietz and Matthew Axelson. Family members provide intimate accounts of what these brave men were like in their private lives, as well as perspective on their decisions to join the military and make the ultimate sacrifice for their country. Also included is a tribute to the team of Operation Red Wings, using personal photos.
Based on The New York Times best-selling true story of heroism, courage and survival, Lone Survivor tells the incredible tale of four Navy SEALs on a covert mission to neutralize a high-level al-Qaeda operative. The four men must make an impossible moral decision in the mountains of Afghanistan that leads them into an enemy ambush. As the confront unthinkable odds, the SEALs must find reserves of strength and resilience to fight to the finish. Academy Award nominee Mark Wahlberg (The Fighter leads an all-star cast including Taylor Kitsch (Savages, Ben Foster (3:10 to Yuma), Emile Hirsch (Into the Wild) and Eric Bana (Star Trek) in a movie hailed by critics as "unforgettable, tense and inspiring" (Movieline).
Best of the Web
Watch a Star Wars Day Greeting from Daisy Ridley & Some Alien Friends
Daisy Ridley is joined by BB-8 and a few of her alien friends to wish fans around the world a happy Star Wars Day tomorrow.
Dragonball Evolution Writer Apologizes for Horrible Script
Writer Ben Ramsey offers a heartfelt apology for Dragonball Evolution, admitting he wasn't a fan of the franchise before coming aboard.
Is Namor Planned for Marvel Phase 4?
Captain America: Civil War writer Stephen McFeely wants to see Namor the Sub-Mariner be introduced in Marvel Phase 4.
Black Widow Tops Fan Poll for Next Avengers Standalone Movie
A whopping 48% of fans who responded to a new poll want to see a Black Widow movie announced as the next stand alone Avengers adventure
Play Mutant Video Games in the X-Men: Apocalypse Retro Arcade
Fans can play three 'mutant' arcade classics to get ready for the highly-anticipated X-Men: Apocalypse, which is set in the year 1983.
This Game of Thrones Star Really Thought Jon Snow Was Dead
Kit Harington reveals that one of his Game of Thrones co-stars didn't know the whole story about Jon Snow in Season 6.