This Fall, families will not want to miss the chance to own Mars Needs Moms, the story of a young boy's intergalactic adventure to find his Martian-nabbed mother as it arrives into living rooms across the country in a Blu-ray Combo Pack with 3D, DVD, Movie Download and On-Demand August 9, 2011. From Disney and Academy Award-winner Robert Zemeckis (Best Director, Forrest Gump, 1994), comes the craziest adventure in the galaxy- complete with out-of this world special effects and jam packed with bonus features, it's a thrilling journey that's pure fun.
Uniquely packaged with families top of mind, Mars Needs Moms will be available for purchase as a 4-Disc Blu-ray Combo Pack (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray 2D + DVD + Digital Copy) for the suggested retail price of $49.99 US/ $56.99 Canada; a 2-Disc Blu-ray Combo Pack (Blu-ray 2D +DVD) for $39.99 US/ $46.99 Canada; a 1-Disc DVD for $29.99 US/ $35.99 Canada; a High Definition Movie Download for the suggested retail price of $39.99 U.S./45.99 Canada; a Standard Definition Movie Download for the suggested retail price of $29.99 U.S./$35.99 Canada; and/or On-Demand (for additional information and pricing, please contact your television provider or favorite digital retailer. Bonus features are not offered with On-Demand).
The Disney Blu-ray Combo Packs provide families with an enhanced entertainment experience - offering the flexibility to enjoy the film at home, in the car and on portable devices, in several platforms of choice (i.e., Blu-ray 3D, Blu-ray 2D, DVD + DigitalCopy) and comes packaged complete with never-before-scene bonus features, including deleted scenes, a special featurette and more. To learn more, fans are invited to visit Disney.com/MarsNeedsMoms.
Mars Needs Moms is brought to life by the performances of Seth Green (TV's Family Guy) as Milo, Joan Cusack (Toy Story 3) as Milo's Mom, Dan Fogler (Kung Fu Panda, Robot Chicken) as Gribble and Elisabeth Harnois (A Single Man, TV's 90210) as Ki and is directed by Simon Wells (The Time Machine, The Prince of Egypt) and produced by Robert Zemeckis (Disney's a Christmas Carol, Forrest Gump).
Everything on the Blu-ray & DVD plus....
- Mom-Napping (All-new 3D Exclusive) -There's more than meets the eye during the Martian abduction of Milo's Mom. This alternate scene - completely finished in 3D - tells all.
Everything on the DVD plus...
- Extended Opening - The movie begins... but wait, there's more. See it here.
- Life On Mars: The Full Motion-Capture Experience - Go way behind the scenes to the 'space' where the actors' performances are captured. This feature-length, picture-in-picture viewing mode also lets you listen to director Simon Wells and actors Seth Green and Dan Fogler give a fun and insightful look into creating the movie.
- Deleted Scenes with Simon Wells introductions (4 Blu-ray 2D Exclusive Deleted Scenes) - 7 deleted scenes of which four are exclusive to the Blu-ray 2D release. Some cool scenes ended up on the cutting room floor. Now you can see them with introductions by director Simon Wells.
- "Flower Power" Easter Egg - the name of the show that Ki watched and learned English from is entitled "Freaks on the Street."
Everything on the DVD plus...
- Deleted Scenes - Three deleted scenes with introductions by Director Simon Wells
- "Fun With Seth" - The cast and crew had a galaxy of fun making Mars Needs Moms, thanks to the on-set antics of Seth Green and Dan Fogler. Watch them do the ROM dance see them compete to see who can do their verbal ROM the fastest, and much more.
- Martian 101 - Do you speak Martian? Go behind the scenes and see how the producer and cast came up with their own unique Martian language. Then learn how to speak it yourselfwith lessons from a leading Martian language expert.
Mars Needs Moms Social Media:
Those who want to stay connected with the upcoming release of Mars Needs Moms are encouraged to:
- "Like" the Facebook page at Facebook.com/MarsNeedsMomsMovie
Follow on Twitter at @DisneyPictures
View exciting trailers, video clips and more at YouTube.com/DisneyMovies
Take out the trash, eat your broccoli - who needs moms anyway? Nine-year-old Milo (Seth Green) finds out how much he needs his mom (Joan Cusack) when she's nabbed by Martians who plan to steal her mom-ness for their own young. In a race against time and oxygen, his quest to save her knows no bounds. And with some unexpected help, Milo just might find his way back to her - in more ways than one.
Best of the Web
Bad Moms Red Band Trailer Parties with Mila Kunis & Kristen Bell
Mila Kunis, Kristen Bell, Kathryn Hahn and Christina Applegate star as a group of moms who decide to cut loose in the new trailer for Bad Moms.
Dwayne Johnson Announces the Rock Clock Alarm App
Dwayne Johnson launched a new alarm clock app today that gives you motivational messages from The Rock himself.
Is a Spider-Man & Guardians of the Galaxy Crossover Planned?
Director James Gunn welcomed Spider-Man: Homecoming director Jon Watts, along with his parents, to the Guardians of the Galaxy 2 set this weekend.
Aquaman to Be Darker Than Batman v Superman?
Director James Wan hints that Aquaman will fit right in with his horror movies and Furious 7 when talking about the movie's tone.
Avengers: Infinity War Won't Include Any Marvel TV Characters?
Directors Joe and Anthony Russo tease that there likely won't be any room for Marvel TV characters in Avengers: Infinity War.
Kit Harington Says This Is Jon Snow's Biggest Season of Game of Thrones
Kit Harington opens up about Jon Snow's future in Game of Thrones as Season 6 continues.