Roxie Hart is a married chorus girl with hopes of being a headliner in Vaudeville. Velma Kelly is a former headliner. What do these two have in common? They both are murderesses. Roxie killed her lover when he walked out on her, and Velma killed her husband and sister, who were having an affair. Chicago's newspapers love the nitty-gritty and Velma is at the top of the headlines. But then Roxie comes along and Velma is old news. They find themselves competing for not only the press' attention, but also the focus of their shared lawyer, the suave Billy Flynn. Add to the mix a sob sister, Roxie's hapless husband Amos, and a warm prison matron who watches out for her girls (if there's something in it for her), and you have Chicago.
- Rob Marshall.....Director
- Taye Diggs.....Bandleader
- Renée Zellweger.....Roxie Hart
- Cliff Saunders.....Stage Manager
- Catherine Zeta-Jones.....Velma Kelly
- Richard Gere.....Billy Flynn
- Queen Latifah.....Matron Mama Morton