Henry Roth is messed up. A New York children's book author who tells kids that Santa doesn't exist, he hates sleeping with- and next to- anyone, including his girlfriend and must lay on the floor, usually with heavy objects on top of him just to feel safe. His motto is "Life is nothing but the occasional burst of laughter rising above the interminable wail of grief."
"Dedication," a modern love story in which a misanthropic, emotionally complex author of a hit children's book series (Billy Crudup) is forced to team with a beautiful illustrator (Mandy Moore) after his best friend and creative collaborator (Tom Wilkinson) passes away marks the directorial debut of Justin Theroux. As Henry struggles with letting go of the ghosts of love and life, he discovers that maybe all it takes is a little dedication.
- Justin Theroux.....Director
- Tom Wilkinson.....Rudy Holt
- Billy Crudup.....Henry Roth
- Christine Taylor.....Allison
- Bob Balaban.....Arthur Planck
- Catherine Lloyd Burns.....Mother in Bookstore
- Amy Sedaris.....Cassidy's Mom