It's another good vs. evil showdown between Dr. Hannibal Lecter (Anthony Hopkins), in hiding in Florence after getting himself out of jail free at the end of The Silence of the Lambs, and FBI Special Agent Clarice Starling (Julianne Moore), in disgrace in D.C. after a botched shootout. Also after Lecter are his only surviving victim, deformed zillionaire Mason Verger (an uncredited and unrecognizable Gary Oldman), and a mercenary Italian detective (Giancarlo Giannini); also after Clarice is her brainy FBI boss (Ray Liotta). By the time this second chapter of their adventures is over, Hannibal and Clarice find themselves in places you've never seen in a movie before.
- Ridley Scott.....Director
- Anthony Hopkins.....Hannibal Lecter
- Julianne Moore.....Clarice Starling
- Gary Oldman.....Mason Verger
- Ray Liotta.....Paul Krendler
- Frankie Faison.....Nurse Barney
- Giancarlo Giannini.....Insp. Renaldo Pazzi