Basic plot details are being worked on at this time. The film won't see completion until 2012.
This revelation certainly isn't anything new, since LucasFilm CEO Kathleen Kennedy revealed in May that Disney is planning on making a new Indiana Jones movie, but she wasn't quite sure when that would happen. She added that there isn't a script in development yet, but they are discussing this sequel. Just a month later, a rumor surfaced that Disney was planning on a 2018 release for Indiana Jones 5, but that was debunked shortly thereafter by producer Frank Marshall.
The producer also squashed speculation that Disney was eyeing Chris Pratt to take over the franchise from Harrison Ford. The actor himself said in November that he still does want to make the sequel. It isn't known if Steven Spielberg would come back to direct the sequel, but the actor said that he wanted to work with this celebrated filmmaker once again.Read More
Disney acquired the Indiana Jones franchise rights back in December 2013, but the studio has been quite busy extending LucasFilm's other massive franchise, Star Wars. Harrison Ford himself revealed last month that he still wants to make Indiana Jones 5, but as far as we know, the studio doesn't have a writer on board at this time. Are you glad that Steven Spielberg doesn't plan on replacing Harrison Ford in Indiana Jones 5?
Indiana Jones 5 is in development .Read More
Earlier that month, director Steven Spielberg said he wants to make Indiana Jones 5 with Harrison Ford. But it's still unclear when that might actually happen. There was a rumor that Disney is planning a 2018 release date for Indiana Jones 5, but that rumor was also shot down by Frank Marshall. As of now, LucasFilm is intent on getting it's Star Wars franchise back up and running before embarking on another Indy adventure.
Ironically, James Bond was a heavy influence on the creation of Indiana Jones, which lead to former 007 Sean Connery being cast as Indy's father in 1989's Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade. Fans last saw Indy in 2008's Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, which earned $786 million worldwide at the box office. Cate Blanchett, Karen Allen, Shia LaBeouf, Ray Winstone, John Hurt and Jim Broadbent also starred in the action-adventure. Disney acquired the rights to the Indiana Jones franchise back in December 2013, leading to much speculation about the future of this series. Are you glad that Harrison Ford is excited to return as Indiana Jones? Or is he just too damn old?Read More
Earlier this month, director Steven Spielberg said he wants to make Indiana Jones 5 with Harrison Ford, but it's still unclear when that might actually happen. There was a rumor that Disney is planning a 2018 release date for Indiana Jones 5, but that rumor was also shot down by Frank Marshall. The 73-year-old Harrison Ford will next be seen reprising his iconic role as Han Solo in Star Wars: The Force Awakens, arriving in theaters December 18.
Ironically, James Bond was a heavy influence on the creation of Indiana Jones, which lead to former 007 Sean Connery being cast as Indy's father in 1989's Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade. Fans last saw Indy in 2008's Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, which earned $786 million worldwide at the box office. Cate Blanchett, Karen Allen, Shia LaBeouf, Ray Winstone, John Hurt and Jim Broadbent also starred in the action-adventure.Read More
When last we heard any talk about Indiana Jones 5, the rumor was that Disney and director Steven Spielberg wanted Chris Pratt to take over for Harrison Ford as the iconic archeologist and adventurer. The film series was always envisioned as a James Bond type serial that would see a different actor picking up the mantel every couple of years. And when Disney bought Lucasfilm, it seemed as though they were intent on rebooting the property. Maybe that's not true. This weekend, while promoting his latest film Bridge of Spies, Steven Spielberg claimed that he wants to make Indiana Jones 5 with Harrison Ford, bringing forth one more true sequel.
Development on a new Indiana Jones movie has stalled as Disney gets its version of the Star Wars series off the ground. In December, we will get Star Wars: The Force Awakens, the first live-action Star Wars movie in over ten years. Once the new trilogy and the Legacy spinoffs have proven able to pull in strong audiences, then Disney and Lucasfilm will set their fixed gaze upon the man in the hat, with the whip. But it has never been confirmed which direction the production will head. Will it be a true sequel? Or are they going to reboot the franchise? If they intend to do a prequel with a much young Henry Jones, Jr., it wouldn't be the first time another actor has portrayed the character. Sean Patrick Flanery played Indy in the weekly TV series The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles, which launched in 1992.Read More
Last month, LucasFilm president Kathleen Kennedy confirmed that a new Indiana Jones movie will be happening at Disney, although she wouldn't give a specific timeline as to when a sequel may actually go into production, or arrive in theaters. Disney acquired the rights to the franchise from Paramount Pictures back in December 2013, but we haven't heard anything definitive about Indiana Jones 5 since then. Today we have an unconfirmed report from AICN that claims Disney and Lucasfilm are penciling in a fourth-quarter 2018 release date for Indiana Jones 5.
However, Frank Marshall revealed in a separate interview that there have been "no discussions to date" regarding the sequel's release date, or the rumors that Chris Pratt was taking over the franchise. There had been speculation about the actor replacing Harrison Ford forseveral months, now, but he denied rumors that he was being considered for the iconic role, since he has already committed to making several more sequels for Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy. When the rumors about Chris Pratt were swirling, it wasn't known if he was being eyed to play the new Indy, or just a new character alongside Harrison Ford, but Steven Spielberg himself even endorsed the idea of a Chris Pratt-lead reboot, which he said he would direct if the script was good enough.Read More