When, during the height of beach season, the town of Amity Island in Massachusetts is terrorized by attacks from a great white shark -- Martin Brody, the new chief of police must solve the problem. As the Mayor tries to avoid a panic which would deprive the town of its crucial tourist season, warnings to swimmers are avoided and more victims float to the surface.
Brody eventually enlists the help of a young oceanographer and a sea-wary fisherman to hunt down and destroy the great white menace that has turned the Amity Island shore into a feeding ground.
- Steven Spielberg.....Director
- Roy Scheider.....Chief Martin Brody
- Robert Shaw.....Sam Quint
- Richard Dreyfuss.....Matt Hooper
- Lorraine Gary.....Ellen Brody
- Murray Hamilton.....Mayor Larry Vaughn
- Carl Gottlieb.....Meadows