Norwegian explorer Thor Heyerdahl crossed the Pacific ocean in a balsa wood raft in 1947, together with five men, to prove that South Americans already back in pre-Columbian times could have crossed the sea and settle on Polynesian islands. After gathering financing for the trip with loans and donations, they set off on an epic 101 day-long journey across 8,000 kilometers, all while the world was watching. KON-TIKI tells about the origin of Heyerdahl’s idea and the events surrounding the group’s voyage.
- Pål Sverre Valheim Hagen.....Thor Heyerdahl
- Anders Baasmo Christiansen.....Herman Watzinger
- Gustaf Skarsgård.....Bengt Danielsson
- Odd Magnus Williamson.....Erik Hesselberg
- Tobias Santelmann.....Knut Haugland
- Jakob Oftebro.....Torstein Raaby