The film portrays MacArthur's (Gregory Peck) life from 1942, before the Battle of Bataan, to 1952, the time after he had been removed from his Korean War command by President Truman (Ed Flanders) for insubordination, and is recounted in flashback as he visits West Point.
- Joseph Sargent.....Director
- Gregory Peck.....Gen. Douglas MacArthur
- Ivan Bonar.....Lt. Gen. Richard K. Sutherland
- Ward Costello.....Gen. George C. Marshall
- Nicolas Coster.....Colonel Sidney Huff - MacArthur's aide
- Marj Dusay.....Mrs. Jean MacArthur
- Ed Flanders.....President Harry S. Truman