From Julian Schnabel, director of The Diving Bell and the Butterfly, Before Night Falls and Basquiat, comes MIRAL, the visceral, first-person diary of a young girl growing up in East Jerusalem as she confronts the effects of occupation and war in every corner of her life. Schnabel pieces together momentary fragments of Miral’s world – how she was formed, who influenced her, all that she experiences in her tumultuous early years – to create a raw, moving, poetic portrait of a woman whose small, personal story is inextricably woven into the bigger history unfolding all around her.
- Julian Schnabel.....Director
- Hiam Abbass.....Hind Husseini
- Freida Pinto.....Miral
- Yasmine Al Massri.....Nadia
- Omar Metwally.....Hani
- Alexander Siddig.....Jamal - Miral's father
- Ruba Blal.....Fatima - Jamal's sister