Pearl Harbor (2001)
Pearl Harbor Synopsis
On a sleepy Sunday morning in December, as children played and families prayed, squadrons of Japanese warplanes screamed across the skies of a Hawaiian paradise and launched a surprise attack on the U.S. armed forces at Pearl Harbor. The infamous day that jolted America from peaceful isolationism to total war and altered the course of world history is relived in this epic tale of patriotism, passion and romance from producer Jerry Bruckheimer, producer/director Michael Bay and screenwriter Randall Wallace.
"Pearl Harbor" focuses on the life-changing events surrounding December 7, 1941, and the war's devastating impact on two daring young pilots (Ben Affleck and Josh Hartnett) and a beautiful, dedicated nurse (Kate Beckinsale). It is a tale of catastrophic defeat, heroic victory, personal courage and overwhelming love set against a stunning backdrop of spectacular wartime action.
- Michael Bay.....Director
- Ben Affleck.....Capt. Rafe McCawley
- Josh Hartnett.....Capt. Danny Walker
- Kate Beckinsale.....Nurse Lt. Evelyn Johnson
- Cuba Gooding Jr......Petty Officer Doris Miller
- Jon Voight.....President Franklin Delano Roosevelt
- Alec Baldwin.....Lt. Col. James Doolittle