On a desolate, nearly ruined future Earth, Tom Cruise (Mission: Impossible Franchise) and Academy Award winner Morgan Freeman (The Dark Knight Rises, Wanted) star in the ground-breaking cinematic event Oblivion, a visually stunning, post-Apocalyptic thriller. A glimpse of a perilous future from visionary filmmaker Joseph Kosinski (Tron: Legacy) and the producers of Rise of the Planet of the Apes, Oblivion is "unlike anything you've ever seen" (Moviefanatic's Joel Amos), as one man confronts his mysterious past in a journey of redemption and discovery.
Based on Kosinski's acclaimed graphic novel, the film also stars Olga Kurylenko (Quantum of Solace, Seven Psychopaths), Andrea Riseborough (W.E., Happy-Go-Lucky), Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (Mama, Game of Thrones) and Oscar-winner Melissa Leo (The Fighter, Frozen River). Oblivion will be available on Digital July 23, 2013 as well as Blu-ray Combo Pack with DVD, Digital including UltraViolet, and On Demand on August 6, 2013, from Universal Studios Home Entertainment.
It is 2077 and Earth has been decimated. Jack Harper (Tom Cruise) is a drone repairman on the evacuated planet, working with his partner Vika (Andrea Riseborough) to salvage vital resources. As their assignment approaches its final days, Jack rescues a beautiful stranger (Olga Kurylenko) from a downed spacecraft, triggering a chain of events that forces him to question everything he thought he knew and leaves humanity's fate in his hand. Intense, spectacular, and exciting (Scott Mantz , Access Hollywood), Oblivion combines a taut and original story with mind-bending special effects for an epic adventure that shouldn't be missed.
The Blu-ray Combo Pack allows fans to view Oblivion anytime, anywhere on the platform of their choice. It includes a Blu-ray disc, a DVD, and Digital including UltraViolet™ for the ultimate, complete viewing experience.
- Blu-ray disc unleashes the power of your HDTV and is the best way to watch movies at home, featuring perfect hi-def picture and hi-def sound.
- - DVD offers the flexibility and convenience of playing movies in more places, both at home and away.
- - UltraViolet™ is a revolutionary new way for fans to collect their movies and TV shows in the cloud. UltraViolet lets consumers instantly stream and download to tablets, smartphones, computers and TVs, including iPad, iPhone, Android and more.
- Also includes Digital Copy.
- Feature Commentary with Tom Cruise and director Joseph Kosinski
- - Deleted Scenes
- - Promise of a New World: The Making of Oblivion - A comprehensive and thought-provoking multi-part feature covering the making of Oblivion, including:
- - Destiny - Looks inside the conceptualization, development and pre-production of Oblivion and the planning that went into the Herculean task of shooting the epic film.
- - Voyage - Follows the creation of the amazing Bubble Ship from its early design conception to its journey around the world. (Blu-ray exclusive)
- - Combat - Explores the film's ground-breaking action and death-defying stunts, all performed by one of the most popular movie stars in the world. (Blu-ray exclusive)
- - Illusion - Focuses on the film's post-production and dazzling visual effects.
- - Harmony - Delves into the innovative musical world of M83.
- - M83 Isolated Score-Watch the entire film accompanied by the evocative music track.
This groundbreaking cinematic event stars Tom Cruise as Jack Harper , the lone security repairman stationed on a desolate, nearly-ruined future Earth. When he rescues a beautiful stranger from a downed spacecraft, her arrival triggers a nonstop chain of events that forces him to question everything he knows, and leaves humanity's fate in his hands. Academy Award winner Morgan Freeman joins Cruise in this "visually stunning" (Pete Hammond, Movieline) explosive story from the director of Tron: Legacy and the producers of Rise of the Planet of the Apes.