In just a few months, production will get under way on Fast & Furious 8, which we reported in September will kick off the franchise's final trilogy. Last month, Universal handed out release dates for Fast & Furious 9 (April 19, 2019) and the franchise finale Fast & Furious 10 (April 2, 2021), but there is still much we don't know about Fast & Furious 8 at this time. Today we have a new report from Deadline, which reveals that director F. Gary Gray and writer Chris Morgan are creating a new female villain, with Charlize Theron being eyed for the role.
This report reveals that the script still hasn't been completed quite yet, and while a formal offer hasn't been made, the site claims that the actress' schedule may have an opening that would allow her to come on board. Still, the actress hasn't even seen a script yet, and it isn't known if she would even take on such a role. No details were given about this character, but it's said to be a "juicy role" for any actress, especially considering the massive global success of the Fast & Furious franchise.Read More
Just a few weeks after John Wick director David Leitch was confirmed to direct Charlize Theron in The Coldest City, the spy thriller has secured another co-star. Variety reports that James McAvoy has come aboard to star in an unspecified role. This news comes just after the actor replaced Joaquin Phoenix in an Untitled M. Night Shyamalan Movie, but that project is said to go into production after The Coldest City.
The Coldest City centers on an MI6 spy who is found dead on the eve of the Berlin Wall coming down. Charlize Theron star as "super spy" Lorraine Broughton, who is tasked with finding the list this covert agent was trying to smuggle into West Berlin, which contains the names of every espionage agent working undercover in Berlin. This assignment takes her into the underground world of counter-intelligence, risking her own life to save the lives of the British agents, as she tries to navigate a culture full of deceit and double-crossing where no one can truly be trusted.Read More
After languishing in development for several years, Sony Pictures is finally moving forward with their adaptation of Mark Greaney's 2009 novel The Gray Man. The Tracking Board reports that Charlize Theron is attached to star as the female lead, with the studio currently searching for a director to tackle the script by Anthony Russo and Joe Russo. The writers were initially set to direct as well, but now that they are locked into making Marvel's Avengers: Infinity War Part I and Avengers: Infinity War - Part II, they are no longer available to direct.
The story centers on a American covert operative named Court Gentry, who is also known as The Gray Man. He has become a legend in the covert world for pulling off impossible missions, before fading into obscurity. He must spring back into action in a race against time to save his daughters, who have been targeted by international assassins. The studio is also seeking the right actor to play Court Gentry, a role that Brad Pitt was once eyeing back in 2011. It's worth noting that Brad Pitt's Plan B company is still involved, with the actor's producing partner Dede Gardner set to produce, but it isn't known if he is still interested in taking on the lead role.Read More
The director wouldn't shed any light about his next movie, but it seems that plans are certainly moving forward on sequels to Mad Max: Fury Road. You may recall that, way back in 2010, it was reported that Mad Max: Fury Road was going to be shot back-to-back with another movie, then entitled Mad Max: Furiosa. It is believed that the Mad Max: Furiosa story line was eventually merged into Mad Max: Fury Road, and while we certainly may see Furiosa again, it doesn't seem that she'll be an integral part of the story. What do you think about these new details?
Mad Max: The Wasteland comes to theaters in 2017.Read More
When Mad Max: Fury Road was first announced, the plan was for George Miller to direct two back-to-back sequels. But a lot of things changed throughout the prolonged production, which took a grueling 8 months. And the whole process left the filmmaker feeling exhausted. While some suspected the delays on Mad Max: Fury Road meant it was going to be a bomb, it actually turned out to be the critical darling of this past summer. And it was a hit with fans. Ever since its release, there has been talk of a sequel. George Miller has now confirmed with Top Gear that not one, but two more movies will move forward at some point. But it won't be soon. He wants to make another movie first.
George Miller actually has two completed scripts for a Mad Max: Fury Road sequel, though it's not known which one will move forward first. Details about the plot have been scarce because of this. And it's not clear which way Warner Bros. is leaning at the moment. No one is sure what will be the next Mad Max movie, though Mad Max: The Wasteland is what George Miller has been calling the fifth film in this long-running franchise.Read More