In the biggest original-comedy opening since Ted, a seasoned police detective takes his fast-talking brother-in-law-to-be on the ride of a lifetime. Ride Along will be available on Blu-ray Combo Pack, including Blu-ray, DVD and Digital HD with UltraViolet and On Demand on April 15, 2014, from Universal Studios Home Entertainment. This film will also be available on Digital HD two weeks early on April 1, 2014. An all-new comedy from director Tim Story (Think Like a Man, Fantastic Four, Barbershop), Ride Along stars actor and recording artist Ice Cube (Barbershop, 21 Jump Street) and actor and comedian Kevin Hart (Think Like a Man, Kevin Hart: Let Me Explain) in a film that Scott Bowles of USA Today calls "downright hilarious!"
The film also features hysterical performances from Tika Sumpter (Tyler Perry's a Madea Christmas, The Haves and the Have Nots), John Leguizamo (Kick-Ass 2, The Lincoln Lawyer), Bryan Callen (The Hangover, Warrior), Bruce McGill (Lincoln, Collateral), and Laurence Fishburne (Man of Steel, The Matrix). Hailed as "absolutely the funniest comedy in years" by Mark S. Allen, CBS-TV, the Ride Along Blu-ray Combo Pack and iTunes Extra feature an exclusive, never-before-seen alternate ending and both the Digital HD and VOD releases will include an outrageous gag reel.
Both the Blu-ray Combo Pack and DVD include feature commentary by the director, plus a behind-the-scenes documentary chronicling the making of the film and a gag reel. The Blu-ray Combo Pack also contains an alternate take, an alternate ending and behind-the-scenes footage and interviews with the stars and filmmakers.
- Blu-ray unleashes the power of your HDTV and is the best way to watch movies at home; featuring 6X the picture resolution of DVD, exclusive extras and theater-quality surround sound.
- DVD offers the flexibility and convenience of playing movies in more places, both at home and away.
- Digital HD with Ultraviolet lets fans watch movies anywhere on their favorite devices. Users can instantly stream or download movies to watch on iPad, iPhone, Android, smart TVs, connected Blu-ray players, game consoles, and more.
Bonus Features Exclusive to the Blu-ray:
- Alternate Ending
- Deleted Scenes
- Alternate Take
- Kev & Cube's Wild Ride: Audiences will experience Kevin Hart and Ice Cube's electrifying chemistry in a short feature that shows first hand how these two megastars fed each other creatively, how Hart's energy fueled the process, and what he learned about dedication and focus by working with Ice Cube.
- An Explosive Ride: Ever wonder what it would be like to be beaten up by Laurence Fishburne? This trip behind the scenes will expose the hilarious exchanges between the stars and their stunt doubles.
- You Gonna Learn Today: An inside look at the film's many hilarious off-script moments including b-roll, dailies and alternate takes that showcase the stars' incredible comic gifts.
- Anatomy of the Big Blast: Watch as the cast and crew prep for the movie's most explosive sequence!
Blu-ray and DVD Bonus Features:
- Gag Reel
- It Was A Good Day: On The Set Of Ride Along: A backstage visit puts audiences on the set of Ride Along as they share in the cast and crew's outrageously wild time. In-your-face, first-person footage featuring Kevin Hart, Ice Cube, John Leguizamo and the rest of the cast and crew continues the fast-paced laughs and action of the film.
- Feature Commentary With Director Tim Story
For the past two years, high school security guard Ben (Kevin Hart) has been trying to show decorated detective James (Ice Cube) that he's more than just a video game junkie who's unworthy of James' sister. When Ben finally gets accepted into the police academy, James invites him on a ride-along designed to scare the hell out of him and ultimately demonstrate if Ben has what it takes to take care of his sister. But when the wild night leads them to the most notorious criminal in the city, James will find that his new partner's rapid-fire mouth is just as dangerous as the bullets speeding at it. Also starring John Leguizamo and Laurence Fishburne, Ride Along is an action-packed comedy with big thrills and even bigger laughs.
Best of the Web
Interview with the Vampire Remake Script Is Finished
Director Josh Boone is moving forward on his Interview With the Vampire remake for for Universal Pictures.
Jason Momoa Shares Aquaman Photo from Justice League Set
Jason Momoa is see sporting his intricate Aquaman tattoos from Justice League in a new photo to help promote a worthy cause.
This Game of Thrones Character Is Getting a New Look in Season 6
A beloved Game of Thrones character will finally get a new look after five long years in Season 6 of the beloved HBO series.
Star Wars 8 Gives Luke This Badass Jedi Power?
A new Star Wars 8 rumor claims that Luke isn't the same Jedi he was thirty years ago when we last saw him in Return of the Jedi
Russell Crowe to Play Dr. Jekyll in The Mummy?
Russell Crowe is in early talks to join Tom Cruise in Universal Pictures' untitled Mummy reboot, which is currently shooting in England.
Here's How Star Wars: The Force Awakens Almost Opened
Mark Hamill confirms an old rumor, revealing Star Wars: The Force Awakens was set to open in a much different way.