Universal Studios is celebrating the 20th Anniversary of director Steven Spielberg's timeless classic Schindler's List with a Limited Edition Blu-ray set arriving March 5. The studio has unveiled three clips and seven featurettes that take us deeper inside this amazing story. The clips showcase the full restoration this film underwent for this new set, and the featurettes take us behind-the-scenes to explore the true story behind this film, and the impact it made. Check out this wealth of video footage before picking up this new Blu-ray for yourself.
Adapted from the novel by Thomas Keneally, Steven Spielberg's masterful film tells the incredible true story of the courageous Oskar Schindler (Liam Neeson). Initially a member of the Nazi party, the Catholic Schindler risks his career and life, and ultimately goes bankrupt, to employ 1,100 Jews in his crockery factory during the Holocaust. Schindler's Jewish accountant (Ben Kingsley) serves as his conscience, as Schindler conducts business with an obstinate and cruel Nazi commander (Liam Neeson), who viciously kills Jewish prisoners from the balcony of his villa overlooking a prison camp. Filmed entirely in black-and-white on location in Poland, Schindler's List does not downplay the faults of its magnanimous and unlikely hero, but relates a story of the triumph of the human spirit in the face of horrific devastation and tragedy.
- Voices from the List: Featuring documentary with testimonies from those who survived the Holocaust thanks to Oskar Schindler.
- - USC Shoah Foundation Story with Steven Spielberg: The director shows how filming Schindler's list inspired him to establish the USC Shoah Foundation.- Blu-ray disc unleashes the power of your HDTV and is the best way to watch movies at home, featuring perfect hi-def picture and hi-def sound.
- - DVD offers the flexibility and convenience of playing movies in more places, both at home and away.
- - Digital Copy provides consumers with a choice of formats from a variety of partners, including options to watch on iPhone, Android, computers and more.
- - UltraViolet is a revolutionary new way for consumers to collect their movies and TV shows in the cloud. UltraViolet lets consumers instantly stream and download to tablets, smartphones, computers and TVs. Now available in both the United States and Canada.