Drafthouse Films, the film distribution arm of the world-famous Alamo Drafthouse Cinema, announced The FP will open on March 16 in select cities and will have its red carpet premiere in Los Angeles on February 25. A ferocious nod to big-budget studio action fare and underdog sports dramas of the 1980s, The FP is a high-concept comedy set in a dystopian near future where a relentless turf war rages. Two rival gangs feud for control of rural wasteland Frazier Park in the deadly arena of competitive dance video game "Beat-Beat Revelation." The new theatrical one-sheet can be seen below.
Directed by fourth generation filmmaker brothers and real-life Frazier Park, CA natives Jason Trost and Brandon Trost (Cinematographer, Crank High Voltage, Rob Zombie 's upcoming The Lords of Salem), The FP is a homegrown family production with Hollywood special effects expert father Ron Trost (Mortal Kombat) as co-producer/FX coordinator and accomplished costume designer sister Sarah Trost (2010 Project Runway: And Sew It Begins contestant) as the designer for more than 40 uniquely iconic character costumes. The film is also Executive Produced by Jason Blum and Steven Schneider of Paranormal Activity and Insidious fame. Following its world premiere at the 2011 SXSW Film Festival as part of Fantastic Fest's midnight selection, the film was celebrated as "loud, furious and recklessly funny" (Indiewire) and called a "rare, ready-made cult hit." (Moviefone).
" The FP is an ambitious, explosive and hilarious indie film achievement," says Evan Husney, Director of Drafthouse Films, "and we are delighted to expose the Trost's warped vision with the largest audience possible this March." Draftouse Films CEO/Founder Tim League elaborated, "as fellow fans of films like Kickboxer and Rocky IV we've been immersed in the films The FP lovingly homages."
Commenting on their filmmaking journey, co-director/writer/star Jason Trost said "it's both exciting and bittersweet. We've been working on this movie for so long, it's almost like sending our kid off to college. But, you know... hopefully our kid makes a name for itself and doesn't piss the world off too much." Co-director/cinematographer Brandon Trost added, "there is no better place to release our mutant spawn into the world than with Drafthouse Films. They totally get it."
The FP will premiere at The Cinefamily on (611 N Fairfax Ave, Los Angeles CA) at the historic Silent Movie Theater on February 25at 10:00pm and will open theatrically on March 16 in the following theaters and markets:
- New York City, NY - The Village East Cinema
- Los Angeles, CA - The Cinefamily
- Orange County, CA - AMC Orange
- Austin, TX - Alamo Drafthouse South Lamar, Alamo Drafthouse Village
- San Francisco, CA - The Roxie Theater
- Seattle, WA - The SIFF Theater
- Portland, OR - The Hollywood Theatre
- Chicago, IL - The Music Box
- Cambridge, MA - The Brattle Theatre
- Houston, TX - Alamo Drafthouse Cinema (locations TBA)
- San Antonio, TX - Alamo Drafthouse Cinema (locations TBA)
- Denver, CO - The Denver Film Center
- Washington DC - AMC Hoffman
- Dallas, TX - AMC Arlington
- Dallas, TX - AMC Mesquite
- Phoenix, AZ - AMC Arizona Center
- Phoenix, AZ - AMC Westgate
- Tampa, FL - AMC Veterans
- Miami, FL - AMC Aventura
- Atlanta, GA - AMC South Lake
- Baltimore, MD - AMC Owings
- Philadelphia, PA - AMC Cherry Hill
- Pittsburg, PA - AMC Waterfront
- Detroit, MI - AMC Forum
- San Diego, CA - AMC Mission Valley
- St. Louis, MO - AMC West Olive
- Minneapolis, MN - Lagoon Cinema (opens 3/23)
For showtimes and ticketing information: The FP