Universal Studios Home Entertainment has released a trailer touting the Blu-ray and DVD release of Side Effects on May 21. The Digital Download version will be available two weeks earlier on May 7. The studio hasn't released any artwork yet, but you can take a look at this new video, then read the official details in the press release.
From Academy Award-winning director Steven Soderbergh (Traffic, Contagion) comes this suspenseful tale of intrigue starring Channing Tatum (Magic Mike, 21 Jump Street), Academy Award nominees Rooney Mara (The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, The Social Network) and Jude Law (Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows, Anna Karenina), and Academy Award winner Catherine Zeta-Jones (Chicago, Ocean's Twelve). Side Effects will be available on Digital Download on May 7, 2013 as well as Blu-ray Combo Pack, DVD and On Demand on May 21, 2013 from Universal Studios Home Entertainment.
After her husband (Tatum) is released from prison for insider trading, Emily (Mara) begins suffering from terrifying anxiety and turns to psychiatrist Dr. Banks (Law) for help. But when Banks prescribes an experimental drug for her, the side effects have chilling and deadly consequences. Full of unexpected twists, Side Effects is the sexy psychological thriller that critics are calling "wildly unpredictable!" (Marlow Stern, Newsweek).
The Blu-ray Combo Pack allows fans to watch Side Effects anytime, anywhere on the device of their choice. It includes a Blu-ray disc, a DVD, a Digital Copy and UltraViolet for the ultimate, complete viewing experience.
- Blu-ray disc unleashes the power of your HDTV and is the best way to watch movies at home, featuring perfect hi-def picture and perfect hi-def sound.
- DVD offers the flexibility and convenience of playing the movie in more places, both at home and while away.
- Digital Copy provides fans with a choice of digital options to watch on devices such as iPhone, iPad, Android, computers and more.
- UltraViolet is a revolutionary new way for fans to collect their moves and TV shows in the cloud. UltraViolet lets consumers instantly stream and download to tablets, smartphones, computers and TVs. Now available in both the United States and Canada.
- Aliza Website Experience
- Behind-the-Scenes of Side Effects
- Ablixa Commercial - the fictional drug portrayed in the film
- Intenin Commercial