Disney Consumer Products (DCP) will give Disney's most loyal fans an up close look at an extensive collection of interactive experiences and merchandise that celebrate Disney, Marvel and Star Wars timeless characters during the bi-annual D23 Expo, the ultimate Disney fan event. Held at the Anaheim Convention Center from Aug. 9-11, 2013, Disney fans will have the chance to follow their favorite products from "sketch to shelf" and learn how Disney Consumer Products extends storytelling from character and content extension to product development through featured discussions, art and sculptures and final product displays.
While at the D23 Expo fans will also be able to immerse themselves in exhibits, hands-on demonstrations, special signing opportunities and exclusive product offerings at the Disney Consumer Products Pavilion.
Disney Consumer Products' exciting lineup of events and attractions includes:
Celebrating Disney, Marvel and Star Wars
- Disney Junior Fun Spot - Get a sneak peek of brand-new toys before they hit store shelves this fall and enjoy special giveaways while supplies last.
- Disney Princess Ariel-Themed Sephora Pop-up Shop - Sephora Pro artists and manicurists will give attendees the royal treatment with products from the Disney Ariel Collection by Sephora. The collection will be available for purchase along with an exclusive-to-D23 Expo-only Swarovski crystal-encrusted Ariel compact mirror. Attendees will receive starfish hair clips with every complimentary beauty service each day, while supplies last.
- The Mystical World of Walt Disney Animation Studios' Frozen - See feature animation art concepts, storyboards, unreleased film clips, and products from the mystical world of Frozen, the daring comedy-adventure from Walt Disney Animation Studios releasing in November 2013.
- Steamboat Willie Redux - Celebrate the history and timelessness of your favorite character from the pioneering 1928 cartoon short, Steamboat Willie. Using the original story and characters as a template, each scene has been graphically re-interpreted by Disney artists and designers in a phenomenally fun mash-up tribute to Mickey Mouse.
- Spider-Man's Ultimate Innovation - Come check out products on the cutting edge of product innovation and design featuring one of the most popular Super Heroes in the world, Spider-Man, in Marvel's first-ever appearance in the DCP showcase at the D23 Expo.
- Star Wars at D23 Expo! - For the first time at the D23 Expo Star Wars fans can have access to experiences created for them by Lucasfilm and Disney. Darth Vader: The Evolution of a Villain, located in the DCP pavilion, showcases the development of the iconic villain from early concepts to striking realization. Crash Course in the Force: Star Wars Saga 101, presented by Lucasfilm's resident authority Pablo Hidalgo in Stage 23, will give Star Wars newbies and experts alike a thorough grounding in all matters of the Force and the Star Wars legacy.
Fans will have the opportunity to participate in other immersive experiences, including: Find Your Voice with The Little Mermaid, a karaoke experience celebrating the music from the film; Journey through the Art of Tink, a gallery where Disney artists, designers, illustrators, and animators from around the world have re-imagined our magical, sassy and feisty fairy, Tinker Bell; What Makes a Puppet a Muppet?, which will help fans learn what it takes to create a Muppets "plush" and then create your own; Take a Ride with Disney•Pixar's World of Cars and Disney's Planes, which explains how the highly collectible diecast vehicles are made; Assembling The Avengers Franchise, an exclusive tour through the history of The Avengers and the chance to see the latest The Avengers products; and I heart Mickey & Minnie, a rarely seen collection of beloved Mickey Mouse toys, apparel, and accessories from past decades, along with a showcase of Minnie Mouse-inspired fashions from around the globe.
About D23 Expo 2013
The D23 Expo-The Ultimate Disney Fan Event-brings the entire world of Disney under one roof, providing attendees with unprecedented access to Disney films, television, and theme parks. For the latest D23 Expo 2013 news, visit D23Expo.com. To be part of the D23 Expo conversation, make sure to follow @DisneyD23 and tag your tweets with #D23Expo.
The name "D23" pays homage to the exciting journey that began in 1923 when Walt Disney opened his fledgling studio in Hollywood. D23 is the first official club for fans in Disney's nearly 90-year history. D23 gives its members a greater connection to the entire world of Disney by placing them in the middle of the magic through its quarterly publication Disney twenty-three; a rich website at D23.com; and member-exclusive discounts and special events for D23 Members throughout the year, highlighted by the D23 Expo in Anaheim, California, August 9-11, 2013.
Best of the Web
Star Wars 8 Director Shares New Set Photos, Shoot Halfway Done
Rian Johnson shares new photos from the set of Star Wars: Episode VIII, revealing he's halfway through principal photography.
Mads Mikkelsen Reveals Star Wars: Rogue One Character Spoiler
Mads Mikkelsen confirms his character in Rogue One: A Star Wars story and his relationship to Jyn Erso.
Star Wars 8 Director Helped Create General Leia Spinoff Book
A new report reveals that Star Wars 8 director Rian Johnson contributed story ideas to the highly-anticipated new book Star Wars: Bloodline.
Lego Star Wars Prequels Show Han & Chewie Before The Force Awakens
Explore a galaxy far, far away with animated prequels that reveal what happened leading into Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
Rey's New Lightsaber Skills Shown in Star Wars 8 Set Video
Daisy Ridley shows off new lightsaber moves she learned for Star Wars: Episode VIII from the man who played the TR-8R Stormtrooper.
Watch the Star Wars VFX Crew See Rogue One Trailer Reactions
The VFX crew behind Rogue One: A Star Wars Story react as fans watch the Rogue One: A Star Wars Story trailer for the first time.