The pulse-pounding horror film Texas Chainsaw arrives on 3D/2D Blu-ray Disc (plus Digital Copy and Ultraviolet), DVD (plus Digital Copy and Ultraviolet), Video on Demand and Pay-Per-View on May 14from Lionsgate Home Entertainment. Texas Chainsaw will also be available for Digital Download on April 30, three weeks prior to the Blu-ray, DVD and Video on Demand release. The film stars Alexandra Daddario (Percy Jackson & the Olympians: Lightning Thief), Dan Yeager (Metal Heads), Tremaine 'Trey Songz' Neverson (Grammy nominated R&B International superstar), Tania Raymonde (TV's Malcolm in the Middle, TV's Lost), Shaun Sipos (The Grudge 2, Final Destination 2), Keram Malicki-Sánchez (American History X), James MacDonald (Phone Booth), Thom Barry (TV's Cold Case), Paul Rae (True Grit) and Richard Riehle (Office Space). Also featuring special appearances from four beloved cast members from previous installments of the franchise: Gunnar Hansen (the original Leatherface), Marilyn Burns, John Dugan and Bill Moseley, Texas Chainsaw carries on the legacy of the shocking film, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, 39 years later.
Texas Chainsaw continues the legendary story of the homicidal Sawyer family, picking up where Tobe Hooper's 1974 horror classic left off. In Newt, Texas, people have been going missing without a trace for decades. Years later and hundreds of miles away from the original massacre, a young girl, Heather (Daddario), discovers that she has inherited a sprawling Texas estate from an unknown grandmother. To claim her estate, Heather goes on a road trip with her friends to Newt, but learns that wealth comes at a price when she discovers the horror that waits in the cellar of her new mansion.
The Blu-ray and DVD features extensive bonus materials including audio commentaries, a look back at the history of the Texas Chainsaw series, exclusive interviews with the film's director, producer and writers plus multiple behind-the-scenes featurettes. Texas Chainsaw will be available on Blu-ray Disc and DVD for the suggested retail price of $39.99 and $29.95, respectively.
BLU-RAY/DVD SPECIAL FEATURES
- Audio commentary with producer Carl Mazzocone and filmmaker Tobe Hooper
- "Texas Chainsaw Legacy" featurette - A look back at the history and 40 year legacy of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre series with filmmaker Tobe Hooper
- "Resurrecting The Saw" featurette - A look at the development of Texas Chainsaw with Director John Luessenhop, Producer Carl Mazzocone and Writers Adam Marcus, Debra Sullivan, Kirsten Elms and Stephen Susco
- "The Old Homestead" featurette - A detailed look at the re-creation of the shooting location from the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre with Production Designer William A. Elliott and cast members (and Chainsaw series alumni) Gunnar Hansen, Marilyn Burns, John Dugan and Bill Moseley
- "Leatherface 2013" featurette - An interview with Leatherface actor Dan Yeager on his interpretation of this legendary role, along with a look at the creation of Leatherface's costume, mask and signature chainsaw
- "Lights, Camera, Mayhem" featurette - A look at the film's 3D photography with Director of Photography Anastas Michos along with a look at the creation of several sequences from the film
- On-Set Short Subjects: Five Minute Massacres
- Burning Down The House
- Trapped in the Van
- Carnival Time
- Leatherface In Action
- Hot Times In Louisiana
- Bloody Good Times
Best of the Web
Original Texas Chainsaw Massacre Set Becomes a BBQ Resort
Ohio businessman Roy Rose has bought the Texas gas station from the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre, with plans to turn it into a BBQ restaurant.
Gunnar Hansen, Original Texas Chainsaw Leatherface, Dies at 68
Texas Chainsaw Massacre star Gunnar Hansen has passed away at the age of 68, after battling pancreatic cancer.
13 Scariest Horror Movie Trailers Ever Made
From Halloween to The Exorcist and all the frights in-between, relive 13 of the scariest trailers ever released.
Leatherface Poster Teases Texas Chainsaw Origin
A gruesome killer's teenage years are explored in the new Texas Chainsaw reboot Leatherface.
Texas Chainsaw Prequel Mystery Asks: Who Is Leatherface?
The Texas Chainsaw prequel will be a mystery that revolves around 3 teenage psychopaths, with one of them to be revealed as Leatherface.
Texas Chainsaw Prequel Casts EastEnders Star as Leatherface
After being rumored to play Spider-Man today, EastEnders star Sam Strike is in talks to play the title character in Leatherface.