You can bring one of the Best Picture nominees home on DVD and Blu-ray this May. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button will be released on DVD and Blu-ray on May 5. The single-disc edition ($29.99 SRP) will be a barebones edition with just the film, but the Two-disc Special Edition and Two-disc Blu-ray will both be Criterion Collection releases, both priced at $39.99 SRP. The film stars Brad Pitt, Cate Blanchett and Taraji P. Henson, who was nominated for an Oscar for her supporting performance.
David Fincher's The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, an adaptation of F. Scott Fitzgerald's story, re-teams the director with Brad Pitt, who takes on the title role. What makes Button such a curious case is that when he is born in New Orleans just after World War I, he is already in his eighties, and proceeds to live his life aging in reverse. This sweeping film follows the character's unusual life into the 21st century as he experiences joy and sadness, loves lost and found, and the meaning of timelessness. Cate Blanchett co-stars along with Tilda Swinton, Elias Koteas, and Julia Ormond.
- The Curious Birth of Benjamin Button-four-part documentary: Academy Award-nominated director David Fincher introduces the surprising beginnings of what would become an epic masterpiece including the casting of Brad Pitt and Cate Blanchett, the decision to change the location of the story to New Orleans and more.
- Follow the production from day one including the challenges of aging Brad Pitt and Cate Blanchett, designing over five thousand costumes and creating the animatronic baby.
- Explore the incredible visual effects techniques created specifically for the film that allowed Brad Pitt to play the title character at virtually every age. Also includes a visit to the scoring stage with composer Alexandre Desplat.
- Walk the red carpet at the film's premiere in New Orleans, with final thoughts from cast and crew.
- Audio Commentary by director David Fincher