Tobey Maguire talks about Spider-Man 4 delays
It was revealed earlier this week that the production on Spider-Man 4 has been put on hold and now the man who plays the webslinger has spoken out about the delay. Tobey Maguire held a live webchat with The Los Angeles Times' The Envelope awards section and he talked about the recent delay.

"Like anything, it's a process," Maguire said Thursday. "We're just in the midst of the process. We have a lot of great stuff in terms of story and script. We're just trying to dial it in and get it ready as quickly as possible. Of course, these movies are a very big undertaking and take a lot more time than a drama or something more straightforward."

It was initially reported that the delay was due to script issues and waiting for Alvin Sargent's new script and The Associated Press reports that a Marvel spokesperson declined to comment.

It was also reported that the film wasn't totally letting go of its planned May 5, 2011, but even if it does let go of the date, they are still planning a 2011 release.

"Not only do I have specific ideas, but the ideas are evolving on the page," he said. "It's all happening right now. It's all sort of coming together. It's very exciting to me. I think the evolution of the character is really exciting, to be rooted in the history of what we've done already and to have a continuity, yet have a progression or evolution."