http://movieweb.com/transformers-dark-of-the-moon-photos-featuring-sentinel-prime/Yesterday, new photos from Transformers: Dark of the Moon appeared in the pages of Empire Magazine, offering a first look at Sentinel Prime and the newly updated Optimus Prime. Inside the magazine, Michael Bay revealed some of the finer plot details, even lifting the veil on potential spoilers. One Transformers fan was nice enough to send in some of this information.
So beware! Below is a list of SPOILERS that might ruin some of the fun come opening day. Read at your own risk. Here is what Michael Bay promises from the upcoming third chapter of this popular saga.
- There will be no sand.
- There will be no dorky humor ("We wanted to make the movie much more serious, more adult.")
- When a robot dies, it will actually die. And that death will be shown onscreen.
- The robots will be given more 'weight' in the story ("They were missed in movie two. We've given them a strong back-story and pathos.")
- Sentinel Prime is "A big brother and mentor to Optimus Prime".
- The Ferrari is a Decepticon nicknamed 'Dreadbox'.
- Starscream and Shockwave will have new companions. "The scale on one of them is jaw dropping" - "It will be 'what the Hell was that thing?"
- The Apollo 11 'incident' show in the teaser is a big government secret.
- There will be no army. Chicago is left in the hands of the Autobots (but some heroes sneak in through the back-door so to speak).
- The human gliders are used because they slip under the Decepticons' radar - as do humans - so they'll be the people who can hammer it to the 'Cons and create an opening for the Autobots.
The entire article is available in this month's Empire Magazine.