One very unusual zombie forms a romantic relationship with a teenage girl in Warm Bodies, which stars hot young actors Nicholas Hoult (Jack the Giant Slayer, X-Men: First Class) and Teresa Palmer (I Am Number Four, The Sorcerer's Apprentice), along with an all-star supporting cast including Primetime Emmy winner Rob Corddry (Outstanding Special Class - Short-Format Live-Action Entertainment Programs, Childrens' Hospital, 2008; Rapturepalooza), Dave Franco (21 Jump Street), Analeigh Tipton (Crazy Stupid Love), Cory Hardrict (upcoming Lovelace, Battle: Los Angeles) and Academy Award nominee John Malkovich (Actor in a Supporting Role, In the Line of Fire, 1993; Red, Burn After Reading). Written for the screen and directed by Jonathan Levine (50/50) and based on the novel by Isaac Marion, the film arrives on Blu-ray Disc (plus Digital Copy and Ultraviolet), DVD (plus Digital Copy and Ultraviolet), Video on Demand and Pay-Per-View June 4th from Summit Entertainment, a Lionsgate company. Warm Bodies will also be available on EST May 14th, three weeks prior to the Blu-ray, DVD and Video on Demand release.
A funny new twist on a classic love story, Warm Bodies is a poignant tale about the power of human connection. After a zombie epidemic, R (a highly unusual zombie) encounters Julie (a human survivor), and rescues her from a zombie attack. Julie sees that R is different from the other zombies, and as the two form a special relationship in their struggle for survival, R becomes increasingly more human - setting off an exciting, romantic and often comical chain of events that begins to transform the other zombies and maybe even the whole lifeless world.
The Blu-ray and DVD bonus features include deleted scenes, a gag reel, audio commentary with screenwriter/director Jonathan Levine and actors Nicholas Hoult and Teresa Palmer as well as multiple featurettes going behind-the-scenes of Warm Bodies. The Warm Bodies Blu-ray Disc and DVD will be available for the suggested retail price of $39.99 and $29.95, respectively.
- "Boy Meets, ER, Doesn't Eat Girl" featurette
- - "R&J" featurette
- - "A Little Less Dead" featurette
- - "Extreme Zombie Make-Over!" featurette
- - "A Wreck in Progress" featurette
- - "Bustin Caps" featurette
- - "Beware of The Boneys" featurette
- - "Whimsical Sweetness: Teresa Palmer's Warm Bodies Home Movies" featurette
- - "Zombie Acting Tips with Rob Corddry" featurette
- - Audio Commentary with Director Jonathan Levine and Actors Nicholas Hoult and Teresa Palmer
- - Deleted Scenes with Optional Audio Commentary with Screenwriter/Director Jonathan Levine
- - "Shrug and Groan" Gag Reel