It will be almost 2 years since the last episode when 24 starts back up next January and here's a little taste of what to expect. Remote Access has provided a small breakdown concerning what fans can expect in this highly-anticipated season.
- Tony's resurrection will make sense. Jon Cassar promises. And no, Tony's not bionic.
- CTU is disbanded, but not completely dead. Whatever that means.
- If you add up all the years and in-between times, it's 2017 on the show.
- President Taylor is very idealistic, but perhaps as strong a president as David Palmer was.
- FBI agent Renee Walker (played by Annie Wersching) is a key character; the season is almost told from her point of view because you can't have Jack questioning his past actions.
- No real love interest.
The article also posted a few details on a 24 feature film, or lack thereof, for the time being.
- The (24: Exile) prequel doesn't mean this won't happen.
- There "probably" will be a movie, but not until the series is over.
- Who knows when the series will be over. Kiefer said that's up to the audience.
Kiefer also talked about his incarceration for a DUI, saying it was, "a dumb mistake" and also said that Fox did the right thing in shelving the series due to the writers strike, and not have the season rushed.