You can bring a Pixar animated classic home in 1080p this May. A Bug's Life will be released on Blu-ray on May 19. The disc will be priced at $39.99 SRP and you can take a look at the new exclusive special features and cover art below.
Life is no picnic for the ants on Ant Island! Each summer, a gang of greedy grasshoppers - led by the menacing and manipulative Hopper - descends upon the colony to demand a hefty portion of the ants' hard-earned harvest and generally make life miserable for this peaceful community. Our hero Flik, an original thinker out of step with the rest of the more traditionally minded colony, takes it upon himself to get outside help and mistakenly enlists an unemployed troupe of bug performers from a second-rate flea circus to join the fight against the grasshoppers. Working together in their new-found friendship, the ants and the circus bugs prepare for a climactic confrontation with the grasshoppers. When Flik's plan starts to unravel, the action and comedy turn fast and furious as he attempts to save the colony and his reputation.
- Introduction by John Lasseter
- Filmmakers Round Table - Filmmakers John Lasseter, Kevin Reher, Darla Anderson and Andrew Stanton take a journey back 10 years from when the theatrical release first premiered and discuss what advances Pixar has made in technology, story telling and the overall filmmaking process.
- A Bug's Life: The First Draft - Existing storyboards from Pixar's original story treatment brought to life by animating them.
- Story Treatment Intro by John Lasseter
- BD-Live Features: Movie Chat, Movie Mail, Movie Challenge, Movie Reward & Avatars
- DisneyFile Digital Copy for iTunes and Window Media Player
This disc also includes the original DVD special features:
- Pixar Animation Studios' Academy Award®-winning Best Animated Short Film, Geri's Game
- A Walt Disney Silly Symphony - "Grasshopper and the Ants" (1934)
- Director Commentary
- Story and Editorial
- Storyboard To Film Comparison
- Behind the Scenes of "A Bug's Life"
- Character Interviews