Just hours after the first 10 minutes were released from The Amazing Spider-Man 2, ahead of the Digital HD release on August 5, Sony Pictures Entertainment has debuted a featurette that takes fans behind-the-scenes of the sequence known as the "Spidey Sense Scene." Visual effects supervisor Jerome Chen explains that, during Spider-Man's (Andrew Garfield) Times Square battle with Electro (Jamie Foxx), director Marc Webb wanted to show a "frozen moment in time" where Spider-Man figures out how to save 40 people from being electrocuted. Go behind-the-scenes to check out how this elaborate sequence was executed, before The Amazing Spider-Man 2 debuts on Digital HD August 5 and on Blu-ray and DVD August 19.
We've always known that Spider-Man's most important battle has been within himself: the struggle between the ordinary obligations of Peter Parker and the extraordinary responsibilities of Spider-Man. But in The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Peter Parker finds that a greater conflict lies ahead.
It's great to be Spider-Man (Andrew Garfield). For Peter Parker, there's no feeling quite like swinging between skyscrapers, embracing being the hero, and spending time with Gwen (Emma Stone). But being Spider-Man comes at a price: only Spider-Man can protect his fellow New Yorkers from the formidable villains that threaten the city. With the emergence of Electro (Jamie Foxx), Peter must confront a foe far more powerful than he. And as his old friend, Harry Osborn (Dane DeHaan), returns, Peter comes to realize that all of his enemies have one thing in common: OsCorp.
Blu-ray & DVD Bonus Features Include:
- 4 All-New Deleted Scenes with Commentary by Marc Webb
- - Filmmaker Commentary
- - Alicia Keys "It's On Again" music video
Exclusively Available on Blu-ray:
- 9 Additional Deleted Scenes with Commentary by Marc Webb, including "Peter Meets His Father"
- - "The Wages of Heroism: Making The Amazing Spider-Man 2," featuring revealing, in-depth segments including:
- - "Lessons Learned: Development and Direction" - Filmmakers and cast discuss their approach to the sequel and their efforts to make it the best Spider-Man yet.
- - "Heart of the City: Shooting in New York" - A behind-the-scenes look at the film's unprecedented access to New York City during production.
- - "Triple Threat: Attack of the Villains" - An inside look at the development of Spider-Man's fearsome foes, Electro, the Green Goblin and Rhino.
- - "A More Dangerous World: Transforming Electro and the Green Goblin" - From make-up to costuming, see what it took to transform Jamie Foxx and Dane DeHaan into their fearsome alter-egos.
- - "A Bolt From the Blue: Visual Effects" - Sony Pictures Imageworks artists and animators show how they created the gravity defying, web-slinging and pumped-up action in the new film.
- - "Spidey Gets His Groove Back: Music and Editing" - Learn how the film's soundtrack and score came together in this behind-the-scenes look at jam sessions with Composer Hans Zimmerand the team of master musicians he assembled, including Pharrell Williams, Johnny Marr, Michael Einziger and more.