With The Amazing Spider-Man 2 arriving on Digital HD tomorrow, August 5, followed by the Blu-ray and DVD release on August 19, Sony Pictures Home Entertainment has released the first 10 minutes of director Marc Webb's superhero sequel.
This big-screen adventure opens with Spider-Man (Andrew Garfield) trying to stop a dangerous armored truck heist by Aleksei Sytsevich (Paul Giamatti) through the streets of New York, while also stopping to save pedestrian Max Dillon (Jamie Foxx), before he turns into the villainous Electro. Of course, all of this crime-fighting has made Peter late for his high school graduation. Will he make it on time? Check out the video below, then read on for more details on the Blu-ray and DVD release.
We've always known that Spider-Man's most important battle has been within himself: the struggle between the ordinary obligations of Peter Parker and the extraordinary responsibilities of Spider-Man. But in The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Peter Parker finds that a greater conflict lies ahead.
It's great to be Spider-Man (Andrew Garfield). For Peter Parker, there's no feeling quite like swinging between skyscrapers, embracing being the hero, and spending time with Gwen (Emma Stone). But being Spider-Man comes at a price: only Spider-Man can protect his fellow New Yorkers from the formidable villains that threaten the city. With the emergence of Electro (Jamie Foxx), Peter must confront a foe far more powerful than he. And as his old friend, Harry Osborn (Dane DeHaan), returns, Peter comes to realize that all of his enemies have one thing in common: OsCorp.
Blu-ray & DVD Bonus Features Include:
- 4 All-New Deleted Scenes with Commentary by Marc Webb
- - Filmmaker Commentary
- - Alicia Keys "It's On Again" music video
Exclusively Available on Blu-ray:
- 9 Additional Deleted Scenes with Commentary by Marc Webb, including "Peter Meets His Father"
- - "The Wages of Heroism: Making The Amazing Spider-Man 2," featuring revealing, in-depth segments including:
- - "Lessons Learned: Development and Direction" - Filmmakers and cast discuss their approach to the sequel and their efforts to make it the best Spider-Man yet.
- - "Heart of the City: Shooting in New York" - A behind-the-scenes look at the film's unprecedented access to New York City during production.
- - "Triple Threat: Attack of the Villains" - An inside look at the development of Spider-Man's fearsome foes, Electro, the Green Goblin and Rhino.
- - "A More Dangerous World: Transforming Electro and the Green Goblin" - From make-up to costuming, see what it took to transform Jamie Foxx and Dane DeHaan into their fearsome alter-egos.
- - "A Bolt From the Blue: Visual Effects" - Sony Pictures Imageworks artists and animators show how they created the gravity defying, web-slinging and pumped-up action in the new film.
- - "Spidey Gets His Groove Back: Music and Editing" - Learn how the film's soundtrack and score came together in this behind-the-scenes look at jam sessions with Composer Hans Zimmerand the team of master musicians he assembled, including Pharrell Williams, Johnny Marr, Michael Einziger and more.