One of the greatest movies of the 1980s is making a big comeback.
In a story from DavisDVD, Back to School: Extra-Curricular Edition comes to DVD on August 14 from MGM.
Self-made wealthy guy Rodney Dangerfield decides he needs a better education--and also to spend some time away from his cheating new wife. Dangerfield joins his son Keith Gordon at college. Dad hopes to gain his son's respect (isn't that always Dangerfield's motivation?), while son tries to fit in with his snobbish and brutish fellow students. English professor Sally Kellerman forms a strong bond with Dangerfield, encouraging both father and son to stick out their first year despite all odds. The finale involves some slapstick at the swimming pool diving board, and the obligatory commencement address delivered by Dangerfield, who proves that he can crack jokes without tugging at his tie.
- "School Daze: The Making of Back to School" Featurette
- "Dissecting the Triple Lindy" Featurette
- "Paying Respect: Remembering Rodney Dangerfield" Featurette
- "Original News Wrap: From Rock to Rodney" Featurette
- "Original Sports Wrap: Rodney - A Diving Force" Featurette
- Photo Gallery
- Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1 - Anamorphic Widescreen Transfer
- Sound: Dolby Digital 5.1 / 2.0 Stereo Mono Tracks
The Back to School: Extra-Curricular Edition DVD will run consumers $19.98.
Dont't forget to also check out: Back to School