The 1942 classic Bambi will be released on Blu-ray for the very first time in a brand new Diamond Collection edition on March 1. The two-disc combo pack, which also includes a standard DVD disc, will be priced at $39.99 SRP. A high-definition digital download version will also be on sale for $19.99 SRP and a standard-definition digital download will cost $14.99 SRP. The DVD-only version of Bambi will be released seven weeks later on April 29. You can take a look at the cover art and special features on this new Diamond Collection set below:
As morning light breaks across the meadow, a young deer named Bambi is born and hailed as 'Prince of the Forest.' Soon Bambi emerges from the thicket on wobbly legs, much to the delight of his new friends, Thumper, the playful rabbit, and Flower, the bashful yet lovable skunk. But the fun of nibbling on fresh blossoms and frolicking through the woods is only the beginning. Exploring his new world, and guided by the wisdom of Friend Owl, Bambi learns valuable life lessons with every adventure - experiencing the power of friendship, family, and love along the way.
- Inside Walt's Story Meetings Enhanced Edition - A fascinating, multi-tiered, interactive story-telling experience. Go back in time with dramatic voice re-enactments of the moments with Walt that led to the creation of this classic film.
- - 2 Never Before Seen Deleted Scenes
- - Deleted Song: "Twitterpated"
- - Blu-ray Galleries - A collection of the extraordinary images originally created as part of the design process for Bambi.
- - Disney's Big Book of Knowledge: Bambi Edition- An interactive educational gaming experience that uses the film as a learning tool. Players can customize their own Big Book of Knowledge and learn all about forest creatures, seasons andmore! Each time a player completes a task, they are rewarded with new stickers to decorate their Big Book of Knowledge.
- - The Golden Age (Digital Download only)
- - The Making Of Bambi: A Prince Is Born - A comprehensive look at the making of BAMBI covers the story, the characters, the actors, the art design, the music and the history of Walt Disney's classic film using behind the scenes footage, production stills, animation, artwork and multiple interviews withperformers and behind the scenes participants.
- - Tricks of the Trade (excerpt)-In an episode from the 1957 Disneyland TV show, Walt narrates the story of the multiplane camera, an animation innovation crucial to the production of Bambi.
- - Inside the Disney Archives - Disney Supervising Animator Andreas Deja guides viewers through Disney's Animation Research Library, where artwork from past Disney animated feature films is stored, including early story sketches of Bobo the rabbit," (who became Thumper), glass paintings made for the multiplane camera and more.
- - The Old Mill - Winner of the 1937 Academy Award for Best Short Subject/Cartoon, The Old Mill was a testing ground for several techniques critical to Walt's artistic vision for Bambi, including the multiplane camera, animating realistic animals and experimenting with such natural occurrences such as wind, rain and lightning.
- - DisneyPedia: Bambi's Forest Friends