Not only can you get a new animated look at Batman before he returns to theaters, but you can check the live version out in high-definition. Batman Begins will be released on Blu-Ray on July 8, the same day as the animated feature, Batman: Gotham Knight will hit the shelves, and just before The Dark Knight hits the big screen on July 18.
Batman Begins Blu-Ray
The film will be available on BD in two different editions. The single-disc edition will run $28.99, but you can also pick up a limited edition gift set for $49.99. The set will include The Dark Knight prologue (first six minutes of the film), postcards, script pages, storyboards, exclusive photos, a lenticular and movie cash good for $7.50 towards a ticket to The Dark Knight. They will also release a repackaged standard DVD Batman Begins gift set for $39.92 that will include a Batman flash drive, the postcards and movie cash. The DVD special features will be the same from the 2005 DVD release.
The origins of the Caped Crusader of Gotham City are finally brought to the big screen in this new adaptation of the perennially popular comic-book series. The young Bruce Wayne (Gus Lewis) leads a privileged life as the son of wealthy, philanthropist parents, both of whom stress their commitment to improving the lives of the citizens of crime-ridden Gotham City. After his mother and father are murdered by a mugger, however, Wayne grows into an impudent young man (Christian Bale), full of rage and bent on retribution until encouraged by his childhood sweetheart, Rachel Dawes (Katie Holmes), to search for answers beyond his own personal vendettas. Wayne eventually finds discipline in the Far East under the tutelage of Henri Ducard (Liam Neeson), a member of the mysterious League of Shadows who guides him in the study of martial arts -- and the ways in which an ordinary man can hone his senses to an almost superhuman acuity. After seven years away from Gotham, Wayne returns, determined to bring peace and safety back to the city. With the help of his faithful manservant, Alfred Pennyworth (Michael Caine), and Lucius Fox (Morgan Freeman), a scientist at his late father's corporation, Wayne develops a secret identity as Batman, a masked fighter for justice. But when a shady psychiatrist (Cillian Murphy) joins forces with the criminal underworld, Wayne realizes that putting an end to their nefarious plans will be very difficult indeed. Batman Begins also features Gary Oldman as Lt. James Gordon and Tom Wilkinson as the crime boss Carmine Falcone.
- MTV's Tankman Begins: A Batman Begins spoof
- Theatrical trailer
- Inner Demons Comic: Explore the special features through an exclusive interactive comic book
- Batman-The Journey Begins: Concept, design and development of the film as well as the casting of Batman himself
- Shaping Mind and Body: Observe Christian Bale's transformation into Batman
- Batman - The Tumbler: The reinvention of the Batmobile
- Gotham City Rises: Witness the creation of Gotham City, the Batcave, Wayne Manor and more
- Saving Gotham City: The development of miniatures, cgi and effects for the Monrail Chase scene
- Genesis of the Bat: A look at the Dark Knight's incarnation and influences on the film
- Confidential Files: Go beyond the movie and discover facts and story points not in the film
Dont't forget to also check out: Batman Begins [Blu-ray], Batman Begins [Limited Edition] [2 Discs with 128 MB Flash Drive and Movie Cash], Batman Begins [Blu-ray] [With Book]