Earlier this week, we reported that Battlestar Galactica: Blood and Chrome will be resurrected as a web series on Machinima.com, with the full two-hour pilot airing on Syfy next year followed by the Blu-ray and DVD release. Today, Universal Studios Home Entertainment has released a new trailer for the Blu-ray and DVD, debuting February 19, 2013. Take a look at the latest footage, then check out the cover art and the official press release with all of the new details.
From Universal Cable Productions and the award-winning producing team of the critically acclaimed series Battlestar Galactica comes the all-new Battlestar Galactica: Blood and Chrome Unrated Edition. The new spin-off film is packed with spectacular visual effects and cutting edge CGI and stars Luke Pasqualino (The Borgias) as a young Captain William Adama in the hard-hitting tale of the first Cylon war. Battlestar Galactica: Blood and Chrome will be available on Blu-ray Combo Pack, DVD, On Demand and Digital Download on February 19, 2013.
Fans will first be able to view Battlestar Galactica: Blood and Chrome when it premieres exclusively on Machinima's premium channel, Machinima Prime (http://www.youtube.com/MachinimaPrime|YouTube.com/MachinimaPrime}), beginning November 9, 2012. It will be presented as 10 episode chapters set to run through February 2013 and be followed by a two-hour movie premiere on Syfy. A special never-before-seen unrated version of this explosive broadcast event will then be available on Blu-ray Combo Pack, DVD and Digital Download.
An all-new chapter in the Battlestar Galactica saga, Blood & Chrome takes place in the midst of the first Cylon war. As the battle between humans and their creation, the sentient robotic Cylons, rages across the 12 colonial worlds, a young, talented fighter pilot, William Adama, finds himself assigned to one of the most powerful battlestars in the Colonial fleet: the Galactica. Though Adama quickly finds himself at odds with his co-pilot, the battle weary officer Coker (Ben Cotton, Alcatraz), the two men must set their differences aside when a routine escort mission with an enigmatic passenger (Lili Bordán, Silent Witness) turns dangerous and becomes a pivotal one for the desperate fleet.
The Blu-ray Combo Pack allows consumers to watch Battlestar Galactica: Blood and Chrome Unrated Edition anytime, anywhere on the platform of their choice. It includes a Blu-ray disc, a DVD, a Digital Copy, and UltraViolet for the ultimate, complete viewing experience.
- Blu-ray disc unleashes the power of your HDTV and is the best way to watch movies at home, featuring perfect hi-def picture and perfect hi-def sound.
- - DVD offers the flexibility and convenience of playing the movie in more places, both at home and while away.
- - Digital Copy provides consumers with a choice of formats from a variety of partners, including options to watch on iPhone, iPad, Android, computers and more.
- - UltraViolet is the revolutionary way for consumers to collect their movies and TV shows in the cloud. UltraViolet lets consumers instantly stream and download to tablets, smartphones, computers and TVs. Now available in both the United States and Canada.
Bonus Features Exclusive to Blu-ray Combo Pack:
- Additional Deleted Scenes (Seven Exclusive}
- Six Deleted Scenes
- - Blood & Chrome Visual Effects: Discover how the groundbreaking use of visual effects brought the world of Battlestar Galactica to life like you've never seen before!