Get ready to relive the gripping final moments of a heralded sci-fi series in both formats this July. Battlestar Galactica: Season 4.5 will be released on DVD and Blu-ray on July 28th. We have no cover art as of yet, but the standard DVD set will be priced at $49.98 SRP and the BD set will be priced at $69.98 SRP with 13 hours of special features, including three extended versions of the series finale that didn't air on television. Also available on that day will be the Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series set, which will be available in a 25-disc standard DVD set for $279.98 or a 20-disc Blu-ray set priced at $349.98. Take a look at the special features below.
The Battlestar Galactica saga began on one devastating day, when the human population of the Twelve Colonies of Kobol was annihilated in a series of surprise attacks by their own creation--the Cylons, a race of sentient robotic clones. The few survivors huddled together on space ships, facing almost certain death at the hands of their ruthless enemies. In Battlestar Galactica: Season 4.5, Commander William Adama (Emmy Award(R)-winner Edward James Olmos), the hawkish military leader of the last surviving battleship, searches for a habitable planet as the murderous Cylons follow relentlessly. As mysterious premonitions help Laura Roslin (Mary McDonnell) the President of the Twelve Colonies, guide the ship to the fabled Thirteenth Colony, Earth, treacherous double agents, Cylon spies and internal dissent plague the Galactica. The ship's crew and passengers battle for their lives--and the survival of the human race--armed with only cunning and determination against the military might of the Cylon Empire.
- Evolution of a Cue: Composer, Bear McCreary takes us step by step through his process of creating the music of Battlestar Galactica.
- - What the Frak is Going On With Battlestar Galactica?: A recap of Battlestar Galactica's first three thrilling seasons - in only eight minutes!
- - ...And They Have a Plan!: What do they mean every episode when the opening sequence on the Cylons states "And They Have A Plan?" All will be revealed in the upcoming movie The Plan.
- - The Journey Ends: The Arrival: Battlestar Galactica has traveled full circle. The journey has concluded never to be revisited. But how did we arrive at the end?
A Look Back
- So Say We All: Executive Producer Ron Moore and the cast and crew reveal their personal insights on Battlestar Galactica.
- - Manifesto Destiny: It all began with this manifesto. Why was it written and what was the response?
- - Battle-Style Galactica: Those behind the camera delve into their approach to visual style of Battlestar Galactica.
- - Martyr to a Cause: As the only actor to appear in both the original and reimagined series, Richard Hatch offers his unique perspective on Battlestar Galactica.
- - The Sins of the Forgiven: Insights on the curious religious aspects of Battlestar Galactica.
- - Battlestar Revelations: Firsthand accounts from those on the Battlestar for the past five years.
- Audio Commentaries by Ronald D. Moore, David Eick and Edward James Olmoss
- - Ronald D. Moore's Podcast Commentaries
- - David Eick's Video Blogs
- - Deleted Scenes
- - U-Control: Universal's exclusive signature feature puts viewers one click away from going deeper into the making of the film without ever leaving the movie. (Blu-ray only)
- - The Oracle: An interactive guide including ships and characters. (Blu-ray only)
- - Battlestar Actual: A glossary of all the unique Battlestar Galactica terms. (Blu-ray only)
- - What the Frack Happened to You? Explore the history and connections of your favorite characters through video clips and relevant facts. (Blu-ray only)
- - BD-Live: Access the BD-Live(TM) Center through your Internet-connected player to get even more content, watch the latest trailers, and more! (Blu-ray only)
- - Battlestar Galactica Ultimate Battle: Players can battle their friends as Colonials or Cylons using strategy and luck to achieve victory. (Blu-ray only)
- - My Scenes: Pick your favorite scenes from the film to create your own video montage. (Blu-ray only)
- - The Musicians Behind Daybreak: Composer Bear McCreary interviews and explains how many unique musicians have contributed the show and specifically the series finale, Daybreak. (Blu-ray only)