Here comes some 3D fun in multiple formats.
According to DVD Town, Beowulf has been slated for a DVD release date of February 26. The film will be released in a standard version, a two-disc director's cut version along with the HD DVD version. No pricing details or cover art were made available.
In a time of heroes, the mighty warrior Beowulf slays the demon Grendel and incurs the wrath of its monstrous yet seductive mother, in a conflict that transforms a king into a legend.
Groundbreaking director Robert Zemeckis offers a vision of the Beowulf saga that has never been told before. Warner Bros. Pictures, Paramount Pictures and Shangri-la Entertainment present Beowulf, starring Angelina Jolie as Grendel's mother, Anthony Hopkins as the corrupt King Hrothgar, and Ray Winstone as Beowulf. The film also stars John Malkovich, Brendan Gleeson, Dominic Keating, Alison Lohman, Robin Wright Penn and Ray Winstone.
Neil Gaiman and Roger Avary adapted the legend for the screen.
- Featurette: A Hero's Journey: The Making of Beowulf
The following features will be available on the director's cut and HD DVD versions.
- Featurette: Beasts of Burden
- Featurette: The Origins of Beowulf
- Featurette: Creating the Ultimate Beowulf
- Featurette: The Art of Beowulf
- Additional Scenes: Wealthow Shows Beowulf the Sundial
- Additional Scenes: Beowulf Boasts to the People of Herot
- Additional Scenes: Celebration and Seduction
- Additional Scenes: Wulfgar Greets Beowulf at the Stockade
- Additional Scenes: Beowulf's Day Unferth Finds the Horn
- Additional Scenes: Cain on the Barrows (Original)
- Trailers: Theatrical Trailer
- Easter Eggs: Coffee Break with John Malkovich